What're You Writing?

Moderator: Book Club Heads

Sky Alton
Silver Arrow

What're You Writing?

Postby Sky Alton » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:28 am

Believe it or not, HolWriMo starts tomorrow (Eeek)

So, I thought it would be a great time to ask you all what you’re planning on writing. You don’t have to share if you don’t want to but I’m curious to see what everyone else will be creating. Tell us anything you like, the title, a brief blurb, the concept or even just the genre.

If you haven’t decided yet, in the words of Douglas Adams: Don’t Panic. Trust me, sometimes the last minute, spontaneous ideas are the best. And you have an entire month to think of something and put pen to paper. (You can always head over to the HolWriMo Lounge thread for some tips on getting started)

So, who or what is going to be inhabiting your blank page this May?
"Does the Walker choose the path or the path the walker?" -Garth Nix
"Without reading, we are all without light in the dark, without fire in the cold."-Tamora Pierce
(Av/sig by Amy!)

Sky Alton
Silver Arrow

Re: What're You Writing?

Postby Sky Alton » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:34 am

I’ll go first!
I’m planning to stick to my comfort zone and write fantasy. It’ll make a nice change from the more serious stuff I’ve been working on lately. I only have my characters and a vague concept mapped out.

It basically boils down to a knight, a lady, her dog, a snowy landscape and a good old fashioned quest to retrieve a few sparkly magical objects from some bandits. Hopefully it’ll turn into a light-hearted mix of fantasy and road-trip movie. I have no idea though, my plots tend to either fizzle out or develop lives of their own. We’ll see!
"Does the Walker choose the path or the path the walker?" -Garth Nix
"Without reading, we are all without light in the dark, without fire in the cold."-Tamora Pierce
(Av/sig by Amy!)

Katya Snow
No broom

Re: What're You Writing?

Postby Katya Snow » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:10 pm

I'm actually going to be working on a fanfiction for once! i am hoping to do my very first oneshot! 4K is good for a one shot right? it might not pan out that way of course, it never does but i have a general idea and a basic plot and i'll see where it goes! usually i;m working on full length novels for Wrimo projects so this will be a good breather. ^^

Return to “HolWriMo”