Questions

Class led by Arianna Stonewater

Moderator: Arianna Stonewater

Arianna Stonewater
Silver Arrow

Questions

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:19 pm

Do you have any questions about the class, homework, extra credit, final, or anything else free free to ask it here! (You can also send me a private message or email the class email.)

Maxwell Shadow
Cleansweep One

Re: Questions

Postby Maxwell Shadow » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:35 pm

Hi Arianna, what's your policy on us sending work in early?
~Max
Slytherin forever

Arianna Stonewater
Silver Arrow

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:38 pm

You can send everything in now if you'd like! Warning; I grade things as I get them, so if you're looking to get an award for most house points in a given month, keep that in mind.

Will Lestrange
Silver Arrow

Postby Will Lestrange » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:49 am

I was looking at Assignment 2, which the syllabus says is due on March 31 for the spring term (and October 31 for the fall). However, the assignment itself gives a different due date: "Due - Oct. 31/Feb. 28". I assume the March 31 date is the correct one? Otherwise, the first two assignments are due on the same date, two months before assignment 3.

Arianna Stonewater
Silver Arrow

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Mon May 01, 2017 1:26 am

Will Lestrange wrote:I was looking at Assignment 2, which the syllabus says is due on March 31 for the spring term (and October 31 for the fall). However, the assignment itself gives a different due date: "Due - Oct. 31/Feb. 28". I assume the March 31 date is the correct one? Otherwise, the first two assignments are due on the same date, two months before assignment 3.

I'm so so sorry i just saw this. Yes, the March date is correct

Maxwell Shadow
Cleansweep One

Postby Maxwell Shadow » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:59 pm

Hi Arianna

You've closed this class and marked me as "Quill Awarded" but I don't seem to have the quill on my logs or in my profile. I'm guessing this is an error as it's not yet the end of term and others still have a whole day to send you work!

Thought I'd let you know in case you weren't aware of the problem.

~Max
Slytherin forever

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:08 pm

Ditto to what Maxwell says.
I've points for the class. check
It shows it is closed and Quill awarded. check
It shows that a Quill was awarded here also - here AT the top but down below where there is the list of Quills 'Quills 2016/17' it's not there.

So it might be a thing of Head Office needing to connect up some dots to put that Quill (all Quills?) in all locations?
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Arianna Stonewater
Silver Arrow

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:13 pm

I'm guessing its a Head Office thing. The class isn't closed yet, I think it just says its closed for you since I've awarded you both quills. Since he term isn't over yet i'm thinking it'll show up in the next week, but keep an eye on it so we can let the class committee know if it doesn't show up

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:36 am

I'll call this topic to the attention of the Groundskeeper, Arianna. If it's this way for your class, maybe it's the same for all classes and it's easier to fix it to be correct than to have to go and manually post everything later on! Thank you for mentioning - right - the class itself isn't closed. (I went to look and yes! There it is ... click.)

Don't close it until Dario has a chance to look/see? He's on vacation but he might see a message ... *crosses fingers*

From what is posted here it's probably not a class committee thing -
The class committee was designed primarily to handle situations where a student teacher or professors disappears during the term and does not award points for the work their students have completed. If we can verify that a professor is not around and that the student completed the work, we can award points for the work so that students are not left empty-handed for work they completed.
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Arianna Stonewater
Silver Arrow

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:43 am

There's still time to turn things in, I don't intend to close it until closer to the deadline they gave us, I just wanted people to see where they stood in my classes.

I know the issue itself isn't a class committee thing, but if there are issues with me submitting quills they might be able to fix that, especially since I don't know where I'll be internet-wise when the deadline hits

Maxwell Shadow
Cleansweep One

Postby Maxwell Shadow » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:51 pm

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black wrote:Thank you for mentioning - right - the class itself isn't closed. (I went to look and yes! There it is ... click.)

It's definitely closed for me and doesn't appear on the "all classes" list at all. I also definitely didn't get a log message telling me I had been awarded a quill, which would be why it's not appearing on the 'Quills 2016/17' part of my profile. I haven't been awarded quills from any other class though to compare.
Slytherin forever

Prof. Dario Brighton
Silver Arrow

Postby Prof. Dario Brighton » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:55 pm

Did you make sure to submit the quills before passing the students and marking them as 'Quill Received'?

Arianna Stonewater
Silver Arrow

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:03 pm

i did; should i try submitting the quills again?

Update: I went to check to see if I could try submitting the quills again but the names of those I submitted quills for are no longer listed for me to try again; but their names also don't show up in the "review."

I just had another student turn in the last of his stuff (Magnus Ward) and submitted his quill/passed him and he shows up just fine....

Patrick James
No broom

Postby Patrick James » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:48 am

I also have the same issue. In the "Completed Classes" section it shows that the quill has been awarded but no other log entry was made.

Kim Alting
Cleansweep One

Postby Kim Alting » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:18 pm

Think I have the same problem. It says I got 7 quills in the class section, but it only says 6 on my profile page...

Arianna Stonewater
Silver Arrow

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:06 am

Thanks to Dario, your quills should now be on your profiles. Thanks for taking the class!

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:45 am

I have my Quill!!

Thank you for solving the puzzle, Arianna and Dario.

ps - it was a lovely class :) Thanks.

Kim Alting
Cleansweep One

Postby Kim Alting » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:34 pm

Sorry for late reply. I got my quill too <3 Thank you.

Return to “The Marauders 101”