Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - the movie

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - the movie

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:22 pm

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald starts showing in (some) theaters soon!

When you have seen it -- did you like it or dislike it? What was great; what wasn't so great?

Please feel free to post about the movie in this subforum. However USE SPOILER TAGS if you are mentioning any information from the movie. Let's be courteous for those who haven't seen it yet -- and remember that some folks will have to wait for a while to see it ...

As is said in the Cursed Child subforum:
Spoilers without any spoiler tag will NOT be tolerated, and will be punished severely. This subforum will be monitored heavily, so you've been warned. Please be respectful toward everyone else and don't ruin this for them.
Remember, if you want to talk about Harry Potter in a more general sense, please go here -- General Harry Potter.

As always, keep your posts HOL appropriate.
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... image by Susan Seddon Boulet
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Alexander Brighton
Oakshaft 79

Re: Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - Screenplay

Post by Alexander Brighton » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:15 am

I saw Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald on Tuesday and just went again today. It is an awesome movie. So much action and surprises. I didn't read the book, but I might do that. Can't wait for the next Fantastic Beasts. :D
Maude Rudd
No broom

Re: Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - the movie

Post by Maude Rudd » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:42 pm

That’s awesome. I have gone twice now, as well. I am grateful got to see a Fans First screening at Universal Studios Hollywood. There was live commentary with cast, except Johnny Depp wasn’t there. I sat in front of Eddie Redmayne (Newt Scamander) he is so cool! I love the Crimes of Grindelwald. The fantastic beasts in the movie are so cool. Saw it so far once in IMAX and once in 3D. Protect the Secrets; Wands Ready!
Joey Stark
Oakshaft 79

Re: Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - the movie

Post by Joey Stark » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:51 pm

Wow Maude, that sounds amazing! I was lucky enough to win tickets to the UK premiere of the first FB film and walked past Eddie on the red carpet. I was struck by how tall he is in person (although I imagine he was sitting for most of the commentary :lol: )

I've also seen the film twice so far, I'm put some of my thoughts below:

Things I didn't like so much:
  • Some of the film felt a bit rushed, particularly the end
  • I felt a lot of the film relied on the twist at the end re: credence/Aurelius and it was felt a bit slow and convoluted to get there
  • Why was Dumbledore, who we know was a Transfiguration teacher, teaching DADA?! - this is only minor and maybe it's explained but it felt like they just threw him into that non-canon role so he could be in the boggart scene?
  • I think Flamel was underused - his character was great, (the little run he does!) but I thought we'd see some crazy centuries old alchemist magic when he arrived at the graveyard
  • It felt a little edit heavy, like scenes had been cut out leaving some stuff seeming a bit random and onscreen just for a a few moments e.g. Baby Nifflers (was looking forward to seeing these more!) and Bunty

FAVOURITE MOMENTS:
  • Eddie Redmayne's performance as Newt based on his assumption Newt likely has Asperger's (a type of autism), helllooo representation! Also really well done!
  • BABY NIFFLERS
  • Actually all the beasts! The kelpie, the augurey, the zouwu
  • "s...s..[salamander]"
  • Everything about young Albus Dumbledore
  • Zouwu + cat toy - you know the moment I mean

Return to “Fantastic Beasts”