Announcements

Class led by Prof. Gustavo Flores

Moderator: Prof. Gustavo Flores

Prof. Gustavo Flores
Silver Arrow

Announcements

Postby Prof. Gustavo Flores » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:12 am

Hi Students!

This is the place where I will be posting important notices. Please make sure to check the forum regularly! :)

Prof. Gustavo Flores
Silver Arrow

Re: Announcements

Postby Prof. Gustavo Flores » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:05 pm

Dear students,

With the new semester beginning, it is time to hit the Dance Studio!!

Our first lesson is all about the basics! Your dance wear and the basic positions are the topics to study in this first month. Furthermore, we are going to analyze THE RED SHOES, a very interesting ballet that is based on a short story written by Hans Christian Andersen.

After reading the lesson, please proceed with your assignment. Reading Andersen's tale will give you a better insight of the ballet. If you can watch the actual movie that will help you quite a lot as well. Other exercises are also available so choose the ones you like the most.

Our first Ballet Discussion is ready for you to participate! Vicky is an interesting character and her choices define many things! Go on and tell us what you think! :)

Remember that everything is due by the end of term, but if you want to send your homework earlier is fine as well!

Wishing you a very happy semester!

Prof. Gustavo Flores
Silver Arrow

Re: Announcements

Postby Prof. Gustavo Flores » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:23 am

Dear students,

I hope you are having a great time here, in our Dance Studio!

Our second lesson is one of my favorite ballet stories: Swan Lake! It is a really popular story that is represented over and over again and with different variations, including one male version with male dancers playing the swans and the main character. I can tell you that in my city, every October, this ballet is represented right in the middle of a very important lake, which is absolutely fabulous and really gets you into the story.

After reading the lesson, go ahead and start doing your assignment with many fun activities for you to complete, and even watching some movies!

The second ballet discussion is ready! Tell us about which character you would like to play if you were to perform in Swan Lake.

Also, don't forget to send your guesses for the ballet terms to my lovely class assistant, Kendra! This activity can give you up to 20 points. If you missed score in your assignments, this is the perfect opportunity to recover!

Remember that everything is due by the end of term, but if you want to send your homework earlier is fine as well!

Have a good day!

Return to “Dance Academy”