Will there be a Sequel to Cursed Child?

The official area for all Cursed Child discussions
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Will there be a Sequel to Cursed Child?

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:57 pm

I was sort of idly glancing through the posts in here and had a wondering. Will there be a sequel to Harry Potter and the Cursed Child? Are there any rumours to that effect -- and are they valid?

What would you feel about having a sequel, and going more into the story as it was 'left' at the end of the play? Is this something you would look forward to reading (and seeing) ^_^ or is it something which you would avoid like the plague <_< -- or something in-between?

I think a lot of people are not fans of Cursed Child because of the story which it shows. Many feel it is not in accordance with the Harry Potter books which are already in existence. However, there are some definite fans out there (I am one of them) who were sort of bewildered, then delighted, when the story played itself out.

How do you feel about the possibility of a sequel? Is it something "devoutly to be wished" or is it something which would be "a foul and pestilent congregation of vapours"?
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... image by Susan Seddon Boulet
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Arianna Stonewater
Comet 140

Re: Will there be a Sequel to Cursed Child?

Post by Arianna Stonewater » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:47 am

I am kind of done with Harry Potter's story, but definitely not the world! I'd love a story based at one of the other schools, or a RAB story, maybe something more about the founding of Hogwarts?

Cursed Child was ok, it just didn't fulfill the (admittedly high) hopes I had for it. I wish JKR had consulted and pushed for more so that the characters might be more true to what she had previously written
Silas Hipolito Crist
No broom

Re: Will there be a Sequel to Cursed Child?

Post by Silas Hipolito Crist » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:31 am

I agree with Ariana, because I do not want any story that is about Harry Potter anymore. He is such a legend and I do not prefer risking his amazing stories for something that would spoil everything. So Harry Potter is done for good, so he can stay something now trivial, but a classic book. But I would love to hear anything new from magic universe (more like Fantastic beasts, Quidditch through the ages).
Cursed Child was fun reading, but I was not deeply moved like at other HP books.

Return to “Cursed Child”