Cursed Child Movie?

The official area for all Cursed Child discussions

Moderator: Prof. Gustavo Flores

Polaris Black
Cleansweep One

Cursed Child Movie?

Postby Polaris Black » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:10 pm

Rumor has it that Warner Brothers is trying to bring "Harry Potter and the Cursed Child" to the silver screen as early as 2020. They are secretly working on getting the movie rights and getting a screenplay settled. In the best of all Warner Brothers worlds, the story would be a trilogy focused on Potter's son with Daniel Radcliffe as Harry.

Do you think the studio needs Daniel Radcliffe in order for the movie to be a financial success?
A "Cassie Sig" is priceless - thank you so much!

Maxwell Shadow
Cleansweep One

Re: Cursed Child Movie?

Postby Maxwell Shadow » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:44 am

I think the story would have to change substantially for it to make a movie that people would accept in the Potter world. I loved the cast in the play and I'm not sure if they'd be in the movie which would be more of an issue for me than Daniel Radcliffe (who isn't old enough yet to play his older self). As for it being a trilogy, that smacks of greedy, money hungry Warner Bros trying to stretch something out that doesn't naturally fall into three sections (it's a two part play for Merlin's sake!)

That's all I can say without spoilers (and we're in the wrong forum for that!)
Slytherin forever

Arianna Stonewater
Cleansweep One

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:09 pm

While the fan in me will always want more, I am cautious about bringing this to the silver screen. Many things already had to be changed for this to work as a play, and I don't know how I feel about it being changed again for the screen. I know they would add more cameos, which would be nice to actually SEE Neville and more, but Daniel R is already reported as saying he doesn't want to reprise his role. But I think that fans will still want to see it, especially those that can't go to Europe to see the play and didn't read the script, and so it will still make a lot of money.

Maxwell Shadow
Cleansweep One

Postby Maxwell Shadow » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:08 pm

I've moved this into the cursed child forum. Please use the spoiler tag if your post contains any spoilers.
Slytherin forever

Bull J. Johnson
Moontrimmer

Postby Bull J. Johnson » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:13 am

I'd like to see this, but I don't think we need to see Daniel Radcliff in it. It can start as its own thing and can be stretched to seven movies one for each year of a child's term. I'd love for it to be based around one of Harry's children, but that is maybe just me.

Ella Lestrange
No broom

Postby Ella Lestrange » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:31 pm

I think Daniel Raddicliffe should be involved, mostly because harry potter appears to much in the book. Though I do like to think about that idea. :)

Will Lestrange
Silver Arrow

Postby Will Lestrange » Mon May 22, 2017 4:44 am

I don't think he's needed; after all, he didn't play baby Harry, so why should he need to play 40 year old Harry? (Especially since we'd need to wait to 2026-2029 for him to be the "right age"). Plus, with a new Harry, we might have a chance to properly match his eye color!

Return to “Cursed Child”