Questions?

Moderator: Hollers Assistant

Kim Alting
Cleansweep One

Questions?

Postby Kim Alting » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:04 pm

If you have a question relating to the summer camp, please post here and we will respond as soon as possible!

Elena Galatas
Oakshaft 79

Re: Questions?

Postby Elena Galatas » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:16 am

On the acromantula puzzle, can a spell be used for two different spiders? Like, if I had two spiders diagonal to each other, would the spell work for both trees or just one?

Edit: Nevermind! I figured it out, ha. At least I think.
Elena Galatas || Sixth Year || Ravenclaw || Dr. Who Enthusiast || Oncer
"I'd go to the end of the world for her. Or time."

Leonie Hauri
Oakshaft 79

Postby Leonie Hauri » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:45 pm

For the dominoes, I know what the picture is. Can I send in the picture (as in, use one off the Internet) without arranging the dominoes or do you want me to send it in with the dominoes arranged?
The Eagles are coming!
"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one."

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:16 pm

Leonie Hauri wrote:For the dominoes, I know what the picture is. Can I send in the picture (as in, use one off the Internet) without arranging the dominoes or do you want me to send it in with the dominoes arranged?

Yes, Leonie, you get to play with the dominoes.

I knew what it was too, when I figured out the words. The puzzle gets tricky when you get to a couple parts of it. Good luck!
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Maxim Trevelyan
Moontrimmer

Postby Maxim Trevelyan » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:07 pm

Since I'm an idiot ( :lol: ), can you elaborate more on the rules for the Bridges? Or at least the name of the puzzle, so I can read it up myself?
Thank you Dario!

Arianna Stonewater
Silver Arrow

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:18 pm

Maxim Trevelyan wrote:Since I'm an idiot ( :lol: ), can you elaborate more on the rules for the Bridges? Or at least the name of the puzzle, so I can read it up myself?

You're not an idiot! You just haven't played this enough. It is called Bridges (if you google "Bridges Puzzles" several online bridges puzzle sites will pop up so you can practice).

The goal is to connect all of the islands into a single connected group by drawing a series of bridges between the islands.

The bridges must follow certain criteria:
-they must begin and end at the islands
-they must be travelling a straight line (no turns)
-they must not cross any other bridges or islands
-at most two bridges connect a pair of islands
-the number of bridges connected to each island must match the number on that island.

Dorelei Verreuil
No broom

Postby Dorelei Verreuil » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:55 pm

I have several questions.

1) How do I move the dominoes?
2) How do I complete the puzzles without printing them out and solving them on paper?
3) How do I take a screenshot of the puzzles in order to submit them, as they are blank when you find them?

Arianna Stonewater
Silver Arrow

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:02 pm

1) How do I move the dominoes? Think of this like a jigsaw puzzle. You need to rearrange them to create a picture. They do not need to be flipped/turned, just moved around.
2) How do I complete the puzzles without printing them out and solving them on paper? You can either use a computer program (like paint) which allows you to copy/paste parts of a picture and move them around, or you CAN print them out and once its solved just take a picture of that.
3) How do I take a screenshot of the puzzles in order to submit them, as they are blank when you find them? once you finish the puzzle take a screen shot of it showing the answers. then upload it to an image hosting site (like postimg.org). Copy the link and send it in! (

I hope that helps! feel free to comment or message me if its still not clear

Dorelei Verreuil
No broom

Postby Dorelei Verreuil » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:16 am

Thanks for the help! Now, to keep most of my hair attached to my head while attempting to solve the spider and bridge puzzles. :D

Arianna Stonewater
Silver Arrow

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:20 pm

For exploding snap, other than difficulty setting 2, does it matter how many players we have?

Dorelei Verreuil
No broom

Postby Dorelei Verreuil » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:11 pm

I'm quickly losing patience with the quote puzzle and the spider puzzle. I've figured out the spells but cannot get the actual puzzle solved. Any tips on how to at least get them started? Way too close to my breaking point and giving up altogether just to avoid the migraine. :wacko:

Arianna Stonewater
Silver Arrow

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:42 pm

Dorelei Verreuil wrote:I'm quickly losing patience with the quote puzzle and the spider puzzle. I've figured out the spells but cannot get the actual puzzle solved. Any tips on how to at least get them started? Way too close to my breaking point and giving up altogether just to avoid the migraine. :wacko:

SeND me what you have so far and I'll help you

Lisa Hurdegart Malfoy
No broom

Postby Lisa Hurdegart Malfoy » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:07 pm

Hi, how to join this summer camp??

Kim Alting
Cleansweep One

Postby Kim Alting » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:28 pm

Hey Lisa,

This was last year's Summer Camp.
We're still working on one for this year :)

You can join Gryffindor in a fun activity (check out the Gryffindor Common Room)
And I believe Hufflepuff is having an activity in August...

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:45 pm

*nods* You are correct, Kim. Huff is having Fantastic Beasts open to all Houses in August.

Lisa, right now (and every month), Hufflepuff has the Games Tent (DoHGaS) where you can earn Diamonds!

Keep a look out for new events posted in the HOL Calendar. Activities show up in there in advance of them happening so you can know when and where to go for more things to do.
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Return to “Summer Camp 2016”