MVP Award Winners

Cody Lewis
Cleansweep One

MVP Award Winners

Post by Cody Lewis » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:37 am

It's MVP Monday! If you weren't around for Ryan's explanation after yesterday's match, we're doing MVP's a little differently. Every Monday, the SQL Officials will decide a Quaffle MVP for the weekend based on nominations from the referees. Once a decision has been made, we'll post here, so make sure you don't miss it!

And now, on to this week's MVP! There were many solid performances this week, but one player really stood out: 45 out of 56 questions answered correctly with a league-high ten goals this weekend. This week's Most Valuable Player is none other than Arielle Lemoyne of the Shocking Waffles! Congratulations, Arielle!
Prof. Ryan Granger
Moontrimmer

Re: MVP Award Winners

Post by Prof. Ryan Granger » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:57 am

Another great week of SQL is in the books! Congratulations to the Shocking Waffles and the Nimbus 2000's for taking home wins! But you didn't come to this thread to see who won the games. You came to see who's taking home MVP for this week!

This week the officials and I had a hard decision to make on who played the best out of the weekend. As fantastic as everyone played, there were a few names that stuck out to us. After playing in her first game in quite a while, we were blown away by the number of times she was beating out even the pros! In the words of one officiator, "It's pretty remarkable for a Non-Pro to be able to compete with two Pro players the way she did." Which means this week's MVP is none other than Hope Stark!
YAY Fumei! I love it!
Ryan Granger||Ravenclaw||Ravenclaw Co-Head Prefect||Student Teacher||Library Deputy Head|
Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis
Nimbus 1000

Post by Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:39 pm

Can you believe that we have reached the halfway point of SQL? Key matchups were played this weekend and they certainly proved to be exciting. We saw the return of some players and everyone who played scored a goal! I'd personally like to recognize the amazing Rosemarie Halliwell for filling in as captain for me. Thank you, Bagel, you're the best!

The match on Saturday between the Nimbus 2000s and the Shocking Waffles was a real nailbiter! Both teams played their hearts out and kept the score close throughout. His clutch performance as Chaser in the last 5 minutes of the match gave his team the lead and the win, solidifying this week's MVP decision. Congratulations to my Quaffle half... Cody Lewis!
Cody Lewis
Cleansweep One

Post by Cody Lewis » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:21 am

Two players made their SQL 2015 debuts this weekend! While Tom Foster competed admirably for the Dragon Flames, it was Rosalie Mason and the Nimbus 2000s that came away with the victory. The following day, the The Shocking Waffles secured their spot as a top-two team in the league with a victory over the Shooting Stars. Well played, everyone!

This week's MVP is no newcomer to SQL. She has been one of the most consistent players this year, showing up when her team needs her and even filling in as captain last week! After another solid performance in which she logged over half her team's total answers, Rosemarie Halliwell has been selected as this week's Most Valuable Player! Congratulations, Bagel!
Will Lestrange
Cleansweep One

Post by Will Lestrange » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:48 am

And the penultimate week of the regular season for SQL has drawn to a close! In the first match, the Shooting Stars won a decisive victory over the Dragon Flames and in the second match, the Nimbus 2000s cemented their grip on first place with a come-from-behind win over the Shocking Waffles.

Quite a few people played well this past weekend (I was going to give specific "runner up" shoutouts until I realized that with the exception of Mr. Nobody, literally everyone who played this week deserved one) but in the end, the voting for this week's MVP was unanimous. Let's take some quotes from the voting room:

-"a player, who - at the beginning of the match, gave me a harder time than Cody ... and a player who seemed to play the game of her life today."
-she "started out her regular 'good' game, continued and then, at the end when the pressure was huge, proceeded to improve her game tremendously, keeping the Waffles from scoring."
-she "really stepped it up and played fantastic today and without her I really don't think N2K's would have pulled it out."

Even before looking at the statistics (which show her performing at solidly "pro" level against tough opposition), all of this explains why this past week's MVP award goes to Opal Curare! Congratulations, Kels!
Prof. Ryan Granger
Moontrimmer

Post by Prof. Ryan Granger » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:19 am

If you didn't get a chance to see any of the matches this week, you really missed out! In the first match the Shooting Stars battled the first place Nimbus 2000's into a tie, and I hope you had your insurance card if you were at the Shocking Waffles game because they put on a scoring clinic as they defeated their opponent by more than 200 points!

With that being said, the officials have looked over the stats and have decided that one player stood out throughout the entire game they played. Having more than a 75% hit rate against all of their opponents and scoring almost half of their team's goals. To quote one officiator, "This person dominated in all facets of her match and had solidly impressive head-to-head splits as well." Which means, Matilde Rayne is this week's MVP Monday winner! Congratulations Mattie!
YAY Fumei! I love it!
Ryan Granger||Ravenclaw||Ravenclaw Co-Head Prefect||Student Teacher||Library Deputy Head|
Will Lestrange
Cleansweep One

Post by Will Lestrange » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:08 am

We're done! We have survived the SQL Season 2015.

For the last 2 games, we had a semi-unanimous decision for MVP.

Yes – it is YOU. Everyone who participated in SQL 2015 is a Most Valuable Player. The Refs, the Officials, the PLAYERS on the TEAMS. It wouldn't have happened without you.

Thank you very much.

-Cody, Dario, Ryan, Tarma, Scarlet, Will and Zoki

Return to “SQL 2015”