Questions?

Prof. Dario Brighton
Cleansweep One

Questions?

Post by Prof. Dario Brighton » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:06 am

If you have any questions about the SQL, you can post them in this thread or send an email to quidditch [at] hol.org.uk . Your question will be posted verbatim in the SQL Official forum and you will have an answer either from SQL in toto or your question and answer will be posted in here.
If you have complaints, please send them to quidditch [at] hol.org.uk . Your complaint will be posted verbatim in the SQL Official forum and you will receive an answer from the SQL officials.

The Officials for SQL are:
Prof. Cody Lewis
Prof. Dario Šehović
Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Prof. Zoki Phantom
Ryan Granger
Will Lestrange
Limine Snidget
Silver Arrow

Re: Questions?

Post by Limine Snidget » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:58 am

What are the rules in terms of bludgers? Is it the same as normal quaffle play even though there are only 3 players?
Cody Lewis
Cleansweep One

Post by Cody Lewis » Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:31 am

There will be no Bludgers in Quaffle play, same as last year.
Limine Snidget
Silver Arrow

Post by Limine Snidget » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:26 pm

If a team only has two players that show up and they're from the same house are they still required to play two houses in the lineup and thus have to forfeit? What happens in terms of games forfeited?
Cody Lewis
Cleansweep One

Post by Cody Lewis » Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:04 pm

No, if a team plays with only two players, they will not need two houses represented. However, a third player can be substituted into the game at any time as long as they represent a second house.

We'll have more information on forfeits (and other things relating to rescheduling, standings, etc.) posted once we have the schedule up.
Limine Snidget
Silver Arrow

Post by Limine Snidget » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:18 pm

Sorry for all the questions, but more just keep popping up in my head and I figure others might have them too! :)

Am I understanding the rules correctly? For example, Team A has only two players and they place them as Chaser and Keeper (because they want to be able to score, but they also want to be able to block the other team from scoring too). At the first break they are still required to rotate C > B > K > C? Not between C and K? Now they have a Chaser and Beater. Maybe not ideal because the other team will get free goals, but not the worst situation. At the second break they rotate again to now only have a Beater and a Keeper, meaning that for fifteen minutes of the game they have yet another disadvantage in addition to only having two players - they will not be able to score at all. Am I reading the rules correctly in that knowing you only have two players show up for a game, you also know that for fifteen minutes you will not be able to score at all?
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt Galaxy

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:31 pm

Yes. The team with two players plays without a Chaser for one of the periods.
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Pavel Lagrange
No broom

Post by Pavel Lagrange » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:18 pm

in the situation described in the last question, if the team's behind by only a goal and then they're forced to go the last 15 minutes without an opportunity to score? Or will the game end already since you've already condemned them to defeat by not allowing them even a chance to score for the last 15 minutes?

Also is the pro list final as it is already and anyone not on it can be recruited as a non pro with 2lr? I ask just to confirm because it seems like the list is light a few players ... not that I'd complain if I'm able to recruit them and let them have 2lr! :D
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt Galaxy

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:01 pm

It occurs to me you haven't thought it through. Why not arrange so that the 3rd period makes sure any team in this situation has a chaser playing? (Actually, best would be to have 3 people playing but we know that not all people might be able to make all the games, hence the allowing of play even if only two people are there.)

The pro list is actually with some more folks than some of us would like to have on it. As of this moment, it is as it is listed.
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Pavel Lagrange
No broom

Post by Pavel Lagrange » Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:08 pm

sorry... it's thinking that's leading me to actually question the rules :D

like say you start off with 3 but the wrong person ping out and you have no sub ... kinda leads to the situation I was asking about. If you have an answer to my question that'd be great, if not that's ok too! Maybe I'm over thinking it .....
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt Galaxy

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:18 pm

This is new and we don't know how everything will work out, but we are figuring out a way to allow reschedules if a 3 person team has a player ping out.
Limine Snidget
Silver Arrow

Post by Limine Snidget » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:52 pm

At least two houses must be represented in the lineup - does this mean that if a lineup includes someone who is a squib/house neutral/not in a house that the other two players in the lineup would have to represent two different houses?
Prof. Zoki Phantom
Shooting Star

Post by Prof. Zoki Phantom » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:07 pm

Squibs/those not in a house will be counted as members of the house they left. So you can still cover 2 houses if you include them, assuming their previous house does not match the house of the other 2 folks in the lineup.

Return to “SQL 2015”