February - Winter Puzzle

Kim Alting
Comet 140

February - Winter Puzzle

Post by Kim Alting » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:58 pm

"Hey, look – Harry’s got a Weasley jumper, too!"
Fred and George were wearing blue jumpers, one with a large yellow F on it, the other with a large yellow G.
"Harry’s is better than ours, though," said Fred, holding up Harry’s jumper. "She obviously makes more of an effort if you’re not family."
"Why aren’t you wearing yours, Ron?" George demanded. "Come on, get it on, they’re lovely and warm."
"I hate maroon," Ron moaned half-heartedly as he pulled it over his head.
"You haven’t got a letter on yours," George observed, "I suppose she thinks you don’t forget your name. But we’re not stupid – we know we’re called Gred and Forge."

~ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

Mrs. Weasley has a tradition where she will knit sweaters for each of her immediate family members and her friends with the initial of their first name on some. However, this year she has decided to expand upon her works of art and create more personal sweaters: ones with her families favourite animals on them. Seeing as everyones animals would be different, Mrs. Weasley first mapped out her designs on knitting squares beforehand. However, they seem to have gone missing, and before you ask, no, it wasn't the twins. Can you help her recreate her missing pattern before it is too late?
Your task, should you chose to accept it, is to recreate Mrs. Weasley's knitting pattern using the following template, clues, and table. Each clue will give you one of four colours (either directly or which can be found by using the provided table) for specific squares on the template which you then must colour in with the colour that you have found should belong there. Submissions must include both the filled out template and the answers to each clue.

Complete the following winter puzzle for 40 hoots. Send the complete grid to me before February 28th 12pm HOL time.

The template https://s19.postimg.org/cbay4630z/Scree ... 7-32-1.jpg

>> Colour-Number Conversion Table <<
Black 14526817
Orange 4
Orange No Number (Orange)
Orange No Number (Orange)
Brown No Number (Brown)
Light Pink 413
Light Pink 22932

Clue One for squares For squares D9, F8, I11, M11

Clue Two for squares G6, G7, G8, G9

Clue Three for squares E8, E9, F7, F9

Clue Four for squares G5, H4, H6, I5, J4, J6, K5, L4, L6, M5
https://www.jigsawplanet.com/?rc=play&pid=1cda46c308d6

Clue Five for squares M7, O7, H8, J8, L8, N8, I9, K9, M9, O9

Clue Six for squares H10, J10, L10, N10, N6, I7, K7
Violet, red, blue and green
Yellow and indigo
What is the other colour
That one should find in a rainbow?

Clue Seven for squares H5, I4, I6, J5, K4, K6, L5, M4, M6, N5, O6, N7, N9, O8, H7, H9, I8, I10, J7, J9, K8, K10, L7, L9, M8, M10
Complete the following wordsearch by finding the stated words as many times as you can, noting the word that is leftover and made up from the remaining letters that isn't stated.
Kim Alting
Comet 140

Re: February - Winter Puzzle

Post by Kim Alting » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:29 am

Siobhan Sullivan has sent in a correct answer!
Anna Snape is 2nd.
Aurelia West also sent in her answers.
Arianna Stonewater
Shiloh Adlar
Maxim Trevelyan
Cleansweep One

Re: February - Winter Puzzle

Post by Maxim Trevelyan » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:03 pm

If you completed this puzzle and you are not on the list, please send me an HOL Forum message (Title: HOLLERS - Winter Puzzle) by June 25th midnight HOL, thank you!
Thank you Dario!

Return to “Challenges”