January - Hashi

Moderators: Polaris Black, Hollers Assistant

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt Galaxy

January - Hashi

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:30 am

Someone, who I won't name but her initials are P. B. AND has a resemblance to the night sky in some way, was given a choice of a nice lengthy Cryptic thing or an awesome Letter Tiles for a January challenge -- or a Hashi. She is the one to choose the Hashi! You might be grateful, though, because I really truly had an AWESOME cryptic thing which was extremely evil. Oh well. Be that as it may --

Here is another Challenge from HOLLERS to you for January! Earn 25 Hoots by solving it. B)

Send me your answer in a HOL PM by January 31st with “HOLLERS - Hashi” as the subject, and you will collect those 25 Hoots. Good luck!

By the way, if you haven't done a Hashi before, here is a little information about them.
First off, Google "Hashi" for some instructions on what it is and how to play it.
Here is a result of a quick search:
Rules of Hashiwokakero (Text)
Connect islands (the circles with numbers) with as many bridges as the number in the island.
There can be no more than two bridges between two islands.
Bridges cannot go across islands or other bridges.
The bridges will form a continuous link between all the islands.

Then - look at the puzzle.
All '8' numbers have four 2-bridge sets going from them.
All '7' numbers have four bridge sets going from them, 3 with 2 bridges, 1 with 1 bridge.
All '5' or '6' which have their back to a wall (or a blank area) have to have 3 bridge sets going from them. The bridge sets for the '6' will be of 2 bridges each.
If there is a 3 in a corner, it must have a 2 bridge sets going out from it
A '1' never goes to another '1'.
Do the obvious bridge sets and then look at it to see what changes are made for the remaining numbers. Do you now have a '5' or a '6' with their back to a wall?
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt Galaxy

Re: January - Hashi

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:46 pm

Someone has already sent in the solution to this Hashi!

Shiloh Adlar aka TheQueenNiffler

Who is next?

Shadow Gaunt is next.

Followed by ...

Vanessa Tilley
Maxim Trevelyan
Elena Galatas
Kendra Givens
Last edited by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black on Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: x
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt Galaxy

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:57 am

You have until the end of the month to send me your Hashi solution!

If you get stuck on it, somehow, and it's not yet the end of the month, send me what you have and I can look at it and indicate which is correct and send back to you for another go at it.

:)

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt Galaxy

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:56 am

Here is the solution to this Hashi ...

25 Hoots go to:

Elena Galatas
Kendra Givens
Maxim Trevelyan
Shadow Gaunt
Shiloh Adlar
Vanessa Tilley

Return to “Challenges”