Trains, trains, trains. Who does not love them? They have always been one of my favorite modes of transportation. Your job this month is to simply put the names of famous trains or train lines into the crossword below.Click here
for a bigger picture.
1. Host to Harry Potter scenes.
3. You can still ride it in its entirety from Chicago to Emeryville, California.
4. First to feature "the best Fred Harvey meals on rails".
6. Follows the trail of explorers Lewis and Clark from Chicago to Seattle/Portland on the west coast.
7. First run was on June 5, 1883 from Paris to Vienna.
8. Traverses across Asia and terminates in the Pacific port town of Vladivostok.
9. Started operations on April 29, 1900.
11. Had a line called the Des Moines Rocket, which ran from Chicago to DSM.
13. Carries you almost 3 thousand miles across the entire continent of Australia, from Perth to Sydney.
2. Known thanks to the Ervin T. Rouse song.
5. Known for Crosby, Stills & Nash song.
10. Interiors of each car were made of mahogany, the cars were heated and lighted and the windows were made of leaded glass.
12. Ran from Chicago to Minneapolis, first appeared on the tracks in 1935
14. Illinois Central Railroad's fastest line in 1900.
Send me (Maxim Trevelyan) your solution over HOL Forum message (Subject: HOLLERS December Crossword
), either as a picture or a list of words, by December 31st, 11:59 pm HOL time
and get 20 Hoots