January - Letter Tiles

Moderators: Polaris Black, Hollers Assistant

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt

January - Letter Tiles

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:03 am

Send me your solution in a HOL PM by January 31 and earn 20 Hoots! Title the PM "HOLLERS - January Word Tiles". This can be in the form of the graphic or simply the words put in the correct order.

If you have some difficulties with solving the Letter Tiles, you are welcome to send me what you have for further play with it or partial Hoots - your choice. If you send me what you have, though, for playing with it and getting more done, please send a picture.

Good luck!

PS
I'm changing my AVATAR (and maybe SIGGY if I find something great) to provide a small hint as to the source of this .... puzzle.
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt

Re: January - Letter Tiles

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:31 pm

First to send in a correct answer *drum roll*

Arianna Stonewater! (actually the first to send in an answer at all)

Who is next?

Aurelia West is next!

Now, Elena Galatas is next.

Now folks rolling in with answers before the end of the month --

Maxim Trevelyan ...

Next?

Next is .....
Polaris Black!
Last edited by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black on Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: x
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:44 am

*bump*

Remember this is here to solve! LOOK AT MY AVATAR AND SIGGY. *subtle hint there* I put them in deliberately to help solve or resolve any peculiar words. - January 27, 2017 - went back to old siggy and avatar :)
If you get some of it done and get stuck, please do send me a PM showing what you have and we can play with it so you get the rest. :)

Also, look at the other Challenges posed by HOLLERS for January. Why not do this and the others after you get the rest of your homeworks sent in? B)

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:10 pm

little bumpety

YES YES I typoed the name of the city.

So, a 'freebie' -- it's supposed to be Guilder, NOT Gilda. You will see a 'letter tile' thing for Gilda. OOOPS.

Thank you everyone who pointed this out to me ... :blink:

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:28 pm

ANSWER:
Image provided by Arianna Stonewater:
along with her comment (she was the first to tell me of my typo.... <_< )
"I was a little confused because I didn't know what "Gilda" was, but i got it!"

Well done, everyone! 20 Hoots to all those listed above -- Arianna, Aurelia, Elena, Maxim and Polaris.

Return to “Challenges”