Comet 180

Azkaban Mass Breakout

Postby Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:46 pm

Name: Azkaban Mass Breakout
Link: http://forum.hol.org.uk/viewforum.php?f=368
Type: HOL-wide individual contest
Date: 6 April - 3 May
Organizers: Prof. Zoki Phantom, Matilde Rayne, Prof. Rorey Padfoot

What was your Auror distribution strategy?
How did you find the tasks? Which one did you enjoy the most?

Bull J. Johnson
Moontrimmer

Re: Azkaban Mass Breakout

Postby Bull J. Johnson » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:36 am

I liked the tasks, but next time I'd like to see a way that we can have both sides represented. I mean I'd never join the Aurors. So it would be nice to see both sides represented.

The tasks that I liked best was the write any story and the jigsaw puzzles. I love jigsaw puzzles. Although I like online jigsaw puzzles more than regular puzzles.

Matilde Rayne
Moontrimmer

Postby Matilde Rayne » Sat May 02, 2015 12:59 am

Didn't have any Aurors to distribute myself, for obvious reasons, but distributing Death Eaters has been fun - probably best if I don't discuss my strategy for that just yet, haha.

I've particularly enjoyed seeing the replies to the more creative tasks; I loved some of the stories for Perception and some of the images for both Concealment (still not sure I'd be able to find Sirius if I was actually looking for him in the woods <<) and Camaraderie.

Bull - ever thought about how the organizers are both directing/leading the Auror recruits and plotting the Death Eater attacks? I'd find that highly suspicious if I didn't already know what side I was (and presumably Zoki and Rorey are) on. *coughs*

Ashley Margaret
Silver Arrow

Postby Ashley Margaret » Thu May 07, 2015 9:03 pm

Week 1
Navigation - I LOVED this task! I love this type of puzzle... I have an app with those on my phone and often play to help myself fall asleep. (Not because it's boring!!! It's actually really peaceful to do puzzles like this or Sudoku before sleeping.) And this is a puzzle I don't see often on HOL so that was pretty awesome.
Logistics - Another unique puzzle! This made me very happy.. especially because this wasn't a puzzle I've seen before so I had to read the rules and figure it out.
Overall this was probably my favorite week of tasks. :)

Week 2
Vigilance / Perception - I'm not a big fan of writing or role playing so this week wasn't my favorite. However, writing the story for Perception did give me something to do during my free period one day at work so that was great.

Week 3
Camaraderie / Concealment - If I'm bad at writing, I'm definitely bad at creative artistic stuff. I have literally no artistic ability, especially on the computer so my creations weren't anything spectacular. I always do enjoy making a doll though because it makes me wish I had more clothes. >>

Week 4
Precision / Craftsmanship - More puzzles! Yay! (Note to self: never try doing a jigsaw puzzle on your phone again.)

I really enjoyed this activity. It had a nice variety of different types of tasks. (Even though I'm not so good at writing/artistic stuff).

I never really did figure out a good method of deciding how to place Aurors, but my random placements seemed to work out decently for me I guess!
Ashley Margaret :: 7th Year :: RQT <3

Matilde Rayne
Moontrimmer

Postby Matilde Rayne » Thu May 07, 2015 9:54 pm

Ashley, reading through most of that, I was like "cool, feedback, impressions, yay" until... you tried to do a jigsaw puzzle on your phone. o_o

I don't know whether to applaud the commitment (tenacity?) or laugh at you (in the nicest possible way, of course, lol).

Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis
Comet 180

Postby Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis » Fri May 08, 2015 4:12 am

I think it is pretty well known that I like puzzles, so the puzzle tasks were great. My favorite task this time was actually Perception. You know it must be a good task when Cody asks what I am doing ("Writing a story for Azkaban Mass Breakout!") and decides he also wants to write a story.

For Auror distribution, I just chose areas that I liked the first week. For the second and fourth week, I tried to pick places that weren't hit the week before. I was a little distracted the third week with packing and whatnot, so I did a pattern with my Auror numbers. I guess it worked out!

Bull J. Johnson
Moontrimmer

Postby Bull J. Johnson » Fri May 08, 2015 8:35 pm

(I tried to pick places that weren't hit the week/weeks before.)

I did the same thing.

Return to “The Scrapbook”