Tinderblast

Bracket Blitz

Postby Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:19 pm

Name: Bracket Blitz
Link: http://forum.hol.org.uk/viewforum.php?f=353
Type: HOL-wide contest
Date: 8 March - 4 April
Organizers: Prof. Cody Lewis, Prof. Scarlet Leslie

Did your favorite team qualify for the tournament? How did they do?
How did you find the tasks? Which one did you enjoy the most? Which one was the most frustrating?
How was your group dynamic? Do you feel you worked well together?

Bull J. Johnson
Moontrimmer

Re: Bracket Blitz

Postby Bull J. Johnson » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:19 am

My group did very well. Although sadly Maxwell did most of the work. TY Max. :) And sorry.

Maxwell Shadow
Cleansweep One

Postby Maxwell Shadow » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:59 am

I really enjoyed this tournament. The tasks were varied (and hard at times) and we tried our best. We tried to work together where possible so though I posted most of the tasks they were team efforts. I always worry that my competitive nature is too strong in these tournaments so thanks for the thanks BJ. It was nice to be able to work with people from my own house without the usual group restrictions.

My favourite task was the harpies one (also my favourite team) but the birds one was the most annoying. I tried everything to find the answers but some we just couldn't work out. I quite liked the tornados one though it was annoying (and I didn't realise for ages I was in it!). The Vultures task was fun - I liked the premise as its was interesting but not too hard and meant we could work together.

Thanks for organising a great tournament and thanks to those who wrote limericks about me - I enjoyed reading them :)
Slytherin forever

Prof. Limine Snidget
Silver Arrow

Postby Prof. Limine Snidget » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:19 pm

I really liked a lot of these tasks!! The Harpies one was particularly fun. It was a neat logic puzzle that used a bunch of Harry Potter knowledge I've accumulated over the years. (Thank you for eight years of Harry Potter trivia on IRC.) I also really enjoyed the Gargoyles one because that's not a puzzle I come across often on here. The Arrows task was probably my least favorite since it was frustrating for me because my arrow keys on my laptop are really small, but I eventually finished all five songs! For once I didn't even mind the creative tasks in an activity and enjoyed myself. I wasn't particularly a fan of the random guessing every week and just asked this little kid I knew to guess. I'm not sure if he had fun or thought I was crazy. :) My partner was great - she spent the four weeks just laughing at me struggling to work on all the tasks myself and at my random horrible creativity. >>

Bull J. Johnson
Moontrimmer

Postby Bull J. Johnson » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:53 am

Yeah, the bird one was cool. Although next time you guys should make the pictures or when you click on a picture it becomes big. Some of them I couldn't even see.

Prof. Cody Lewis
Silver Arrow

Postby Prof. Cody Lewis » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:10 pm

Scarlet already wrote an article for the Alte with all the behind-the-scenes details, so I'll keep this brief.

My least favorite task was having to log into each team's forum every day. Everything else was a lot of fun. I really liked updating the bracket at the end of every week and seeing which teams advanced. I think the whole Bracket Choices part of the activity might have been more fun for me and Scarlet than anyone else.

It was amazing to watch a random idea we had back in November blossom into an entire HOL event.

Matilde Rayne
Moontrimmer

Postby Matilde Rayne » Thu May 07, 2015 10:07 pm

I'm pretty much a month late, but echoing a few opinions - I really liked a lot of the tasks, and there was definitely a great variety. I also really enjoyed working with both of my teammates, Shiloh and Patrick!

My favorite task was definitely the Harpies task; that was a really fun puzzle, and I learned a bit more HP trivia, which is always a good thing in my book, haha. Most frustrating was probably the Tornados task; not sure what I was thinking, but at the time, I didn't realize we needed to unscramble the names in the actual tornado. I'm going to blame having a busy/hectic week, even though if I'm honest, I don't remember what was going on then. It clearly wasn't my best moment. <<

Return to “The Scrapbook”