April - April Fools

Maxim Trevelyan
Cleansweep One

April - April Fools

Post by Maxim Trevelyan » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:15 am

Everybody knows that April Fools is full of jokes and pranks on April 1st.

Did you know that some historians believe that April Fools has origins dating back to the Roman Empire?

Tell the story of one of your pranks or practical jokes (either from HOL/Harry Potter or Real Life point of view) in 150 words or more and post it below. If you take the day from your Real Life, be careful of your identity. No real names, cities or schools that you live in/go to. All other HOL rules must also apply.

For 20 Hoots and 20 beans, post your story as a reply to this thread by April 30th, 11:59pm HOL time at the latest.
Thank you Dario!
Shiloh Adlar
Cleansweep One

Re: April - April Fools

Post by Shiloh Adlar » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:06 am

For April Fools, it fell on a day we would normally have quidditch practice. Unlike most days where I had all the brooms and balls ready to go for when my team arrived, I did not have anything set out today. In fact, I decided to sit right in the middle of the field and stare at the sky. When my team arrived, they all thought something was wrong. I told them that nothing was wrong, but practice would be cancelled for the day. The team seemed a little happy about that, which made me a little suspicious of their work ethic, but then they asked why it was cancelled. I told them, "Because I am the sky." No other words. This all confused them greatly, and they started to walk off of the pitch.

Suddenly, one of them stopped and turned back around to face me and said, "This can't be right. You don't just cancel practice because you're in one with the sky or whatever you're doing. Where did you take Shiloh?" I started laughing and then undid my spell that had hidden all the quidditch objects from my team's eyes. A loud groan was heard among them when I finally said, "April Fools! Of course we're having practice. You're right. I never cancel!"

I also don't know how to pull April Fools pranks apparently.
Shiloh Adlar, Seventh Year, Prefect, RQT Co-Captain
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire
Shadow Gaunt
Oakshaft 79

Post by Shadow Gaunt » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:45 pm

Grr (to the above).

So once I decided to play a prank on my brother. I put a stuffed teddy bear in his room and every night I moved it closer and closer to his bed. At first he didn’t notice, but then he did, and started to slowly become scared. He tried throwing the bear out, giving it to my sister, and many other things, but I was persistent in my goal. As the final night was upon us I put the teddy bear right next to his pillow holding a ...

COOKIE

I’m not that mean as to put something terrible inside the bear. Now it doesn’t seem much of a prank, as a slow psychological experiment with a nice ending.
Shadow Gaunt
"In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes."-Benjamin Franklin
Maxim Trevelyan
Cleansweep One

Post by Maxim Trevelyan » Tue May 01, 2018 3:44 pm

Hoots and beans to Shadow Gaunt and Shiloh Adlar for their wonderful stories!
Thank you Dario!

Return to “Creative Outlet”