December – Pretend to Be a Time Traveler Day

Polaris Black
Comet 140

December – Pretend to Be a Time Traveler Day

Post by Polaris Black » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:58 am

One thing that does not escape anyone who frequently travels the halls of HOL is that many members love Doctor Who. Well, for all lovers of time travel, December 8th is a Pretend to Be a Time Traveler Day.

Did you know that the owner of most pieces of Doctor Who memorabilia is Lily Connors, from United Kingdom, who owns 6641 items relating to this popular show?

Pretend to be a time traveler and write a story about yours (or someone else's)
adventures in the time stream in 150 words or more. It can be funny, sad, little bit of both or neither, but it must be of your own creation and adhere to all HOL rules.

Post your story below by December 31st, 11:59pm HOL time to get 20 Hoots and beans.
A "Cassie Sig" is priceless - thank you so much!
Shiloh Adlar
Cleansweep One

Re: December – Pretend to Be a Time Traveler Day

Post by Shiloh Adlar » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:54 am

Because I am time traveling and can go and do almost anything I want, I decided to go back only a few years to the night before Halloween when my brother was killed. Is it possible to change the events of the past so he would still be around in the present? In my story, it is.

So I traveled to the past where we were sitting in the car, and the first thing that I wanted to tell my brother was that I loved him and that I was sorry for arguing with him over something so silly.

As he begins to drive, I immediately tell him that he should take an alternate route home. The main roads could be dangerous as people might be out drinking tonight from Halloween parties. He agreed with me, so we took another route that we rarely took because it made it longer to get home. However, my present self knew that this was the best solution because then nothing bad should happen, and nothing bad did.

We arrived home safe and sound, and I gave my big brother a hug with a smile which he returned. It was nice to see him again, and I was ready to go back to the present to find out exactly what he would be doing now that the accident never happened. The present will be a much happier place now.
Shiloh Adlar, Seventh Year, Prefect, RQT Co-Captain
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire
Will Lestrange
Cleansweep One

Post by Will Lestrange » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:40 pm

My first thought was "I'll go back in time to change my past" but then I realized how risky that was.

Instead I decided to go 100 years into the future, to December 30, 2117. I went to the library and started reading (electronically) the major newspapers over the past 100 years, taking careful note of the economy, the job market, and the cultural/social/political climate between my time and the future. Twelve hours later, I distilled everything into a nice eight-page report about "the history of the future" concluded with a bullet-point summary on how someone in my position would best use that information to succeed in life (including career) and - for example - avoid being priced out of their neighborhoods. I clutched the report tightly in my hands as I returned to the present and had the best New Year's Resolutions ever: essentially a guaranteed path towards comfortable success as long as I simply followed the instructions on the report and didn't become powerful enough to significantly change the global future!
Maxim Trevelyan
Cleansweep One

Post by Maxim Trevelyan » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:31 pm

20 Hoots and beans go to Shiloh Adlar and Will Lestrange. Such wonderful stories guys! :D
Thank you Dario!

Return to “Creative Outlet”