September – Story

Moderators: Maxim Trevelyan, Hollers Assistant

Maxim Trevelyan
Silver Arrow

September – Story

Postby Maxim Trevelyan » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:11 am

This month will be a little different than what you would usually expect of Creative Outlet. All themes will have to do with ''Off to School'' theme, to support the amazing activity hosted by Sky Alton and Aurelia West. More about it here.

There are so many things that are happening on the first day of school! What are you most excited about? New classes, meeting up with your friends? Causing mischief?

Tell the story of your first day of school (either HOL or Real Life) in 100 words or more and post it below. If you take the day from your Real Life, be careful of your identity. No real names, cities or schools that you live in/go to.

Post your story below by September 30th, 11:59pm HOL time to get 20 Hoots and beans.
Thank you Dario!

Aurelia West
Oakshaft 79

Re: September – Story

Postby Aurelia West » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:41 am

My first day of school this year was quite eventful to say the least. First of all, it was the day of the solar eclipse and we happened to be in an area where we would be able to see the total solar eclipse, so one of my classes was actually cancelled so that we could see it. Around lunch time we went up to the roof of the parking garage with our nifty eclipse glasses helpfully purchased from the bookstore and stayed up there a while. It was pretty awesome because there were a ton of people up there that I got to meet, and I got to have an awesome experience. Other than that though, the rest of my day was fairly standard. I'm a dance major, so I had my daily ballet and modern classes, and luckily for me I was in decent shape due to a small project I'd worked on during the summer. It was also a lot different, not being a freshman in college anymore, and I think the experience overall was a lot more enjoyable than it had been the year previous.

Rowan Oswald
No broom

Postby Rowan Oswald » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:35 am

I was so nervous on my first day this year. It came around so fast, I applied to do Nursing a few short weeks before the start of term and somehow managed to survive the interview get in. I arrived with my hastily packed rucksack full of doubts about whether I had really made the right decision. I’m so shy and awkward, am I really cut out for nursing? I asked myself. The day started with introductions and assigning academic advisors. I was immediately reassured when I realised I was far from the only person over eighteen in the room. I wasn’t the only person with limited experience of care work either. By the time we were allowed to stretch our legs and savour a much needed mug of tea, I had met one of the people who was to become a close friend over the next few weeks of term. Despite the flood of information, I felt much more certain that I had made the right decision and went home with a smile on my face excited for the next day.
Ravenclaw/\First Year/\They/Them pronouns

Shiloh Adlar
Silver Arrow

Postby Shiloh Adlar » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:52 am

My first day of school this year was terrifying, or at least I thought it was going to be. I was up late worrying about it and happened to not get a lot of sleep. It had been over a year since I had been back to the school, so I was rightfully nervous, I think. However, it ended up turning out well. The professor that I knew from a previous class greeted me warmly and asked how I was. He told me he was glad to see me back. I saw only a couple other students that I had been in classes with before as well.

It was in my biology class that I was grouped with my lab partners, one of them ending up being someone who I have now become close friends with. We talked a bit before lab started about what our project was going to be, and it was very easy to talk to them. I ended up leaving campus that day with a smile on my face, still nervous to go back the day after because new classes, but better off than I was that morning.
Shiloh Adlar, Sixth Year, Prefect, RQT Co-Captain
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire

Bull J. Johnson
Moontrimmer

Postby Bull J. Johnson » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:05 am

Today been a long day for me. First I had my first day of school. On the first day back the teacher gave me a test to take that was very taxing on me. Then later on in the afternoon I went to work to pick up a empty soda bottle, but my work didn't have a empty one so they gave me a half full one. Then I went home to take a nap. Last thing I did today was finish the science project that I had to do for a Wellness Fair I have to go to on Thursday.

Vanessa Tilley
No broom

Postby Vanessa Tilley » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:23 pm

I am so excited! Today was my first day at Hogwarts! It feels like a dream. I couldn't believe it when the letter came to our house. I almost cried I was so excited. My first trip to Diagon Alley was amazing! My parents even bought me an owl for a present!

I was sorted into Ravenclaw and I have already meet some amazing people. I am already great friends with Shiloh, Kendra and Gail. They are just like me and we have already had a lot of fun together in such a short period of time. I also met this sweet Gryffindor named Sky.

I have a lot of interesting classes! My favorite class so far is Kennilworthy's Kitchen because I get to spend the class learning about and making food! Our first assignment was to make chocolate chip bread and it was yummy! I also love my Norse and Greek mythology class. The teachers are great and I have already enjoyed the first lesson. Sky is actually one of my teachers! She is teaching a class called The Her in Hero. It is so much fun and it involves reading so how could I not love it. Finally, I am taking Steampunk 101 with this pretty interesting teacher. Ariella is a little scary but she is also a lot of fun.

It was a great day today and I am looking forward to a wonderful year full of friends and fun.

Maxim Trevelyan
Silver Arrow

Postby Maxim Trevelyan » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:53 pm

Such wonderful stories!

20 Hoots and beans are awarded to:

Aurelia West
Bull J. Johnson
Rowan Oswald
Shiloh Adlar
Vanessa Tilley
Thank you Dario!