September - Photography

Moderators: Maxim Trevelyan, Hollers Assistant

Maxim Trevelyan
Silver Arrow

September - Photography

Postby Maxim Trevelyan » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:09 am

This month will be a little different than what you would usually expect of Creative Outlet. All themes will have to do with ''Off to School'' theme, to support the amazing activity hosted by Sky Alton and Aurelia West. More about it here.

How are you preparing for your first day of school? Do you have all your textbooks? Parchment? Maybe you still have to pack your school things?

Take a picture of your school preparation, notebooks, chaos, or anything that you can think of that will help you as you venture into a new year, full of adventure.

For 15 Hoots and 15 beans, post your photograph (600x600 or less) relating to school as a reply to this thread by September 30th, 11:59 PM HOL time at the latest.
Thank you Dario!

Aurelia West
Oakshaft 79

Re: September - Photography

Postby Aurelia West » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:45 am

Included is my laptop, a couple notebooks, some textbooks, the notes I'm currently working on, some miscellaneous writing utensils, and a water bottle. It's important to stay hydrated even while doing homework!

Siobhan Sullivan
No broom

Postby Siobhan Sullivan » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:50 pm

These are the items that I keep in my Hogwarts survival kit: Notebooks! Because you can never have too many notebooks in my opinion! An assortment of pencils, colored pencils, pens, markers, and highlighters (something for every occasion). Scissors and some white out, of course along with post-it-notes. A stapler as well as a small container filled with paperclips, rubberbands and other miscellany. And, as Aurelia has already said, a water bottle is a must! Along with a mug for all that tea you're going to be sipping whilst doing your homework! No Hogwarts survivalist should be without any of these essentials! If you need some paper and a pencil, I've got plenty! :D
To know you are ignorant is the beginning of wisdom.

Rowan Oswald
No broom

Postby Rowan Oswald » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:04 am

I am that person who studies with their books spread across the floor. Water bottle and tea, as have been mentioned are absolutely essential! Pencil case full of colourful biros, note pad, and I'd be lost without my file dividers! Leaver arch file for keeping everything together and a little pop-file for carrying things around. My laptop, of course, I type much faster than I write and my mind map software is magical! The picture is complete with a couple of fidgit toys for those stressful moments and to keep me concentrating in tough lectures.
Ravenclaw/\First Year/\They/Them pronouns

Sachiko Murata
No broom

Postby Sachiko Murata » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:32 am

It's so interesting to see other people's study environments! ♥ Here is a picture of mine:

Even though I have already graduated from college in real life, I am currently taking Chinese Language Classes! This picture displays my studying essentials: a course book, a notebook, a perfectly sharpened pencil and a cute motivational pencil case!

As much as I love studying, I cannot do so unless my study room and desk are perfectly organized! I have a minimalistic approach to notebooks and stationary, for it confuses me to have too much around me. That being said, I cannot live without white-out and a red marker!

I prefer to study without any distractions, which include music and beverages. Nevertheless, I stay focused and hydrated by taking a short break and drinking a steamy cup of tea every 90 minutes.

Robin Blackwood
No broom

Postby Robin Blackwood » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:33 pm

Hey! Here is my desk where are a couple of notebooks -maybe for history and geografy. The important place is used for math, which is sadly my worst "nightmare". :wacko: Then here is also my book for german. My preparation for next day :P
Also sorry for turning around. I took a picture incorrectly.

Bull J. Johnson
Moontrimmer

Postby Bull J. Johnson » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:13 pm

(This is my school book, which is the only school related thing I need so far this term. Sorry its so big I have no idea how to resize things.)
Last edited by Maxim Trevelyan on Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed the size

Vanessa Tilley
No broom

Postby Vanessa Tilley » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:11 pm

I never go anywhere without my laptop, a notebook, and pens. I also enjoy my nice owl mug full of some type of tea to keep me warm.

Shiloh Adlar
Silver Arrow

Postby Shiloh Adlar » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:42 am

I'm not feeling creative right now, so this is a photo I took the other day for my instagram. Can't study without food, and I use notebooks for everything. Those are only my notebooks for bio. (Yes I use a wide ruled composition book. Don't judge.)

Shiloh Adlar, Sixth Year, Prefect, RQT Co-Captain
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire

Marie Dark
Oakshaft 79

Postby Marie Dark » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:33 am

Not sure if I can get the rest of my supplies sent by owl... lol. And sssshhhhh! Before anyone says I can't have one.... Yes , I have already received my permissions to have and use my "Time Turner"!! Lol

Prof. Gustavo Flores
Silver Arrow

Postby Prof. Gustavo Flores » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:41 am

This is my back to school! :)

For the classes I teach, you can see Great Universal Writers anthology of readings for the course, and the Workbook for Spanish. There's also a Spelling book, and the book The Storyteller which I'm reading with my students.

You can also see general stuff like my Mario notebook and Finding Dory notebook, my pencilcase, bright colors, and my monthly planner of Le Petit Prince.

Of course, HOL couldn't be left out! So I have my copy of Sabriel, September's Book Club reading, and my very special Ravenclaw notebook :wub: , which is exclusively for HOL stuff.

It's great to see how everyone lives their back to school! Thanks for sharing!

Kaitlyn Nightingale
No broom

Postby Kaitlyn Nightingale » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:11 am

My picture isn't very tidy, but neither is my school life.
I leave most of my books and notebooks in my cabinet at school so I only have a few here with me. And it's important to stay warm!
Lovely siggy by Tarma!
ka1645 | Hufflepuff | 2nd Year | Spiffy

Maxim Trevelyan
Silver Arrow

Postby Maxim Trevelyan » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:58 pm

So interesting to see all your study places. They are way cleaner than mine! :D

15 Hoots and beans for:

Aurelia West
Bull J. Johnson
Kaitlyn Nightingale
Marie Dark