March - Pi Day

Moderators: Maxim Trevelyan, Hollers Assistant

Maxim Trevelyan
Silver Arrow

March - Pi Day

Postby Maxim Trevelyan » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:29 am

March 14th is delicious Pi Day!

Did you know that world record holder for most pi places memorized is Rajveer Meena, who memorized 70,000 decimal places on March 21st, 2015?

In honor of Pi Day, as a reply to this thread, post a photo that in some way reminds you of number Pi. If it is unclear from the photo, explain your choice in a couple of sentences.

Photo must be of your own creation and all normal HOL rules apply.

For 15 Hoots and 15 beans, post your photograph (600x600 or less) relating to Pi(e) as a reply to this thread by March 31st 11:59 PM HOL time at the latest.
Thank you Dario!

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt Galaxy

Re: March - Pi Day

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:50 pm

Pizza Pi

EDIT: this are (were) MY pieces of pizza and that is my Tardis and Dalek. I ate the pizza and it was NOM. Sorry I didn't say that the photo was mine when I posted it.
Last edited by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black on Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: claiming responsibility for the pizza and eating it and it was NOM - Tarma
*Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* image by Susan Seddon Boulet *Avatar made by Amy*
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Arianna Stonewater
Cleansweep One

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:39 pm

Not a picture exactly, but numbers. Four, One, Three. This is the first three digits of pie written with numerals and then put against a mirror also spells pie! I thought i was the coolest person ever when i figured that out in middle school

Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis
Tinderblast

Postby Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:32 pm

My Pi Day plans were thrown off about pi radians by snow, but I got to hang out with this little guy:

Maxim Trevelyan
Silver Arrow

Postby Maxim Trevelyan » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:08 pm

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black, Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis and Arianna Stonewater each get 15 Hoots and beans! Congratulations!
Thank you Dario!

Return to “Creative Outlet”