June – International Picnic Day

Moderators: Maxim Trevelyan, Hollers Assistant

Maxim Trevelyan
Cleansweep One

June – International Picnic Day

Postby Maxim Trevelyan » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:59 pm

18th June gives us the opportunity to pack our picnic baskets for International Picnic Day.

Did you know the largest picnic was held in Lisbon, Portugal and was attended by 22,232 people?

For this challenge, provide us with your go-to recipe for picnic food. Give us ingredients, detailed preparation and then if you want (but not necessary) provide us with a photograph. Also contribute a memory about eating it or some other happy association. Everything should be at least 150 words long.

Post below with your recipe and a happy memory for 20 Hoots and beans by June 30th 11:59 PM HOL time.
Thank you Dario!

Shiloh Adlar
Cleansweep One

Re: June – International Picnic Day

Postby Shiloh Adlar » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:01 pm

A raw vegan picnic is fairly simple. We eat a lot of fruit. This can be anywhere from different kinds of berries like strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, and cherries to watermelon, bananas, mangoes, and pineapple! Let's also not forget peaches. I love peaches! So it's really just an assortment of different whole fruits. But there could also be a picnic salad which is a mixture of different fruits chopped up on top of a bed of greens which can be anything from romaine, spinach, arugula, baby greens or kale (or a mixture of a few different greens) and a fruity mango dressing. The dressing is made by taking mangoes, orange juice, and ginger and blending it together. There isn't much detailed preparation accept chop, mix, combine and blend.

Most of my memories of picnics are from when I was really young. As I got older, we didn't really do anything like that anymore. My brother and I would sometimes "picnic" in our back yard and that was fun. Sometimes we would go to the beach down from the house and picnic there while playing on the playground. We used to do that a lot when I was a child.
Shiloh Adlar, Sixth Year, Prefect, RQT Co-Captain
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire

Maxim Trevelyan
Cleansweep One

Re: June – International Picnic Day

Postby Maxim Trevelyan » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:21 am

Beans and Hoots go to Shiloh Adlar.
Thank you Dario!

Return to “Creative Outlet”