Quidditch Shenanigan - Questions?

Moderator: Quidditch Board

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt

Quidditch Shenanigan - Questions?

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:57 am

Do you have questions about our new Quidditch Shenanigans?

Post them here!
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Arianna Stonewater
Silver Arrow

Re: Quidditch Shenanigan - Questions?

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:42 pm

Do we have to show up to every game?

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:59 pm

Arianna Stonewater wrote:Do we have to show up to every game?

No.

You show up at whatever game you can and want to. There might be some Team members who don't go to IRC but participate fully in the Forum puzzles and tasks, so earn points for their Team that way. There might be some Team members who show up each and every Saturday but don't do any Forum stuff. AND there might be some who do a combination of both.

:)
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Bull J. Johnson
Moontrimmer

Re: Sign up HERE for Quidditch Shenanigans

Postby Bull J. Johnson » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:56 am

Can I still do the activities even though I can't go to the games due to me being on the road during Saturday afternoons?

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt

Re: Quidditch Shenanigans - Questions?

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:03 am

Bull J. Johnson wrote:Can I still do the activities even though I can't go to the games due to me being on the road during Saturday afternoons?

Yes, you may, Bull. That's perfectly fine. :)

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:35 pm

Question asked:

Are there team rooms for us when we go to #quidditch?

Answer: Yes.

Oddly enough, the rooms are #pink and #purple.

If you are new to IRC, did you know you can make both the team room and #quidditch show up at the same time (tile your rooms)? If you don't know how to tile your rooms, ask. Usually someone will be around to show you some of the ropes. :)

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:38 pm

Question:

Can I still join Shenanigans and be put on a team?

Answer:

Yes. Sign ups will be open the entire month, so you can be added to a team at any time.

Arianna Stonewater
Silver Arrow

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:25 pm

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black wrote:Here's a nice little chart which contains information for the different teams and people on the teams.

What does the "x" mean?

Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis
Comet 180

Postby Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:52 pm

The "x" means that the person participated in the IRC game.

Arianna Stonewater
Silver Arrow

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:07 pm

Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis wrote:The "x" means that the person participated in the IRC game.

ah, ok!

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:09 pm

The 'x' also means that that person is entitled to Beans -- for participating in the games.

If you participated -- not just there in the room but actively participating in the game(s) -- and your name doesn't have an 'x' for that game, tell Cody or me and we'll double check our logs.

Kim Alting
Cleansweep One

Postby Kim Alting » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:06 pm

Do you have to participate in the full game to earn beans? Because last Saturday I was there and tried my hand (again) at the games, but after a while my connection was lost...

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:31 pm

Kim Alting wrote:Do you have to participate in the full game to earn beans? Because last Saturday I was there and tried my hand (again) at the games, but after a while my connection was lost...

If you are there and participating for at least a while, and then your connection is lost, then you are there for the game in which you participated (well, as long as it's not two or five minutes or something like that because usually if a connection is lost a person can get back in, reestablish their connection, at least a little). If you are there and are trying, that counts.

If you cannot get on with IRC, use the cgi thing from the front HOL page. HOL Chatrooms -- use your HOL name and go into #quidditch.

For those of you who've never done something like this -- you don't even need to get points for your team, as long as you are making the attempt and playing.

Make SURE you are logged in with your HOL name, though! If you are using a nick, and neither Cody or I recognize it when we are counting up participants, then you are the masked stranger and get no credit.

Kim Alting
Cleansweep One

Postby Kim Alting » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:58 am

I was logged in for approx 20-30 minutes?
PurpleKim that was :P

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:02 pm

Kim Alting wrote:I was logged in for approx 20-30 minutes?
PurpleKim that was :P

You were found and added to the activity in which you participated, Kim. Thanks for the heads up for us to look for you.

Kim Alting
Cleansweep One

Postby Kim Alting » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:43 pm

Thanks guys! :D

Leonie Hauri
Oakshaft 79

Postby Leonie Hauri » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:11 am

I don't understand the sudoku... 'Quidditch' has nine letters but how are you supposed to do it with two different colors?
The Eagles are coming!
"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one."

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:50 am

Leonie Hauri wrote:I don't understand the sudoku... 'Quidditch' has nine letters but how are you supposed to do it with two different colors?

One D is purple and the other pink. One I is purple and the other pink.

So you get to make sure that there is only one purple D and one pink D (ditto the I) in each box and each vertical and horizontal line.

If it helps for solving purposes, pretend that the pink D is a Z and the purple I is an X. Just make sure to switch back all the Zs and Xs to the letter and colour when you send in your solution.

EDIT PS: this was all Mr. Cody's doing, by the way. I had a sudoku all made up and he said - 'oh, let's change it a bit' and came up with this change.
Last edited by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black on Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: adding EDIT - it's all Cody's doing

Leonie Hauri
Oakshaft 79

Postby Leonie Hauri » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:42 pm

I see it now. Thanks, Tarma!
The Eagles are coming!
"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one."

Arianna Stonewater
Silver Arrow

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:06 pm

what time do you think you'll go to today? I am working a small wedding that should be over by 4:30. I'll be able to watch on my phone, but i don't know if i'll be able to be in two chatrooms at once

Return to “Quidditch Shenanigans”