Pink versus Purple

Moderator: Quidditch Board

Prof. Cody Lewis
Silver Arrow

Pink versus Purple

Postby Prof. Cody Lewis » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:01 am

The Inter-House Quidditch Games start up again in March. Now it's time for Quidditch Shenanigans.

All people of HOL are invited to participate in the first ever PINK VERSUS PURPLE TOURNAMENT!

How this works:
Everyone who wants to play will be split into two teams: Team Pink and Team Purple. Each week, we will be hosting different HP trivia-based games in #quidditch and posting activities in the forum. At the end of the month, the team with the most Team Points wins!

How you earn Team Points:
Each Saturday in February at 9 PM HOL time, we will be playing a Free-For-All Game and a Team Game in #quidditch. The winner of the Free-For-All Games will earn 15 Team Points for their team while Team Games are worth 25 Team Points. Team Points are also earned by participation in the Quidditch-related tasks which will appear each week.

Extra Beans:
There are bunches of beans up for grabs too! At the end of the month, you will receive 10 beans for each completed forum task and 20 beans for showing up for game time. Everyone on the winning team will receive double the amount of beans.

How to join:
If you want to play, sign up here. Players of all levels of experience are welcome!

Once the tournament has started, it's not too late to join in on the activities. Sign ups will be open the entire month, so you can be added to a team at any time.

If you have any questions, post them here and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Prof. Cody Lewis
Silver Arrow

Re: Pink versus Purple

Postby Prof. Cody Lewis » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:13 am

After Week One, Team Pink leads Team Purple, 150-140.

A *cough* last-minute submission from Team Purple's Prof. Tarma Amelia Black tied the score at 125 going into the first #Quidditch weekend. The two teams took to the Quidditch pitch to settle the tie.

First blood went to Team Purple as Will Lestrange scored 15 points for his team in a free-for-all round of Cascade -- a game in which each question has multiple answers but only one is correct.

Team Pink reclaimed the lead after an intense round of CAB -- a game in which players are randomly selected to 1v1 for a single question.

Well done, both teams! There's still plenty of Quidditch to be played and Shenanigans to be shenaniganed, so make sure to sign up if you haven't already and keep an eye out for opportunities to earn points for your team!

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:31 am

*cough* yourself!

I didn't know we could submit banners -- 'we' the organizers ... you and me. Then I saw YOU submitted one! :o

PURPLE RULES!
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:55 am

The Quidditch Shenanigans are in their third week now, with creating Valentines and a Logic Puzzle presented to the members of Teams Pink and Purple for the week's Activities.

As of the end of the second week, however, the glorious and mighty TEAM PURPLE is in the LEAD. Yes, Team Purple has 270 points and Team Pink has 225.

On Saturday, the 13th, Cody and Darcey tied in Creaothceann, garnering points for Team Pink. Team Purple, however, won Quodpot, so got more points (while in the midst of getting blown up). (Perhaps Team Pink might have done better if Cody hadn't exploded on the VERY FIRST QUESTION. \o/ ) Nile, also known as Marcie Hobber, accumulated a lot of points for Team Purple! \o/

Here's a nice little chart which contains information for the different teams and people on the teams.
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:51 am

Of our games in #quidditch today, Professor Cody switched it around a bit so the newbies could have an opportunity to play Xany without being trampled by oldsters.

To that end, Arianna Stonewater won the amateur game, and garnered 15 points for Purple. Well done, Arianna! Playing in that round were Arianna, Mal, Meredith and Sapphire.

Cody won the Xany game, flying past Purple's Will Lestrange, to get 15 points for Pink. (First two Xany scores: Ace - 165; WillLiam - 145.)

Playing in the open Xany game were Cody (Ace), Will (WillLiam), Maxim (Praline), Meredith, Darcey, Tarma (Cal), Arianna, Sapphire, Simba(Ashley) and Mal (Maleficent).

Then, in the team game, Pink outplayed Purple by getting to their 50 point mark quite a bit before Team Purple got to their 50 points mark. Which meant that Team Pink got another 25 points! :o

Playing in the team game were: Darcey, Ace (Cody), Arianna, Weedly1 (Sapphire), Cal (Tarma), Weedly2 (Maleficent),
Meredith, WillLiam (Will), Simba (Ashley), Praline (Maxim), Shirley (Scarlet)

ps - As of this writing, the x's for participation in #quidditch today have not been put into the chart for Beans.

pss - We won't mention that in the team game Team Purple's Will Lestrange actually made a point for Pink as did Ashley (wolf) ... Roundscores: Ace - 28; Darcey - 20; WillLiam - 1; wolf - 1; <_<

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:58 am

In our games in #quidditch today, for the last weekend of our Quidditch Shenanigans, we got to play Xany and Cascade, as well as an actual Quaffle game!

Cascade crunched a lot of folks with William and Cody at the top (Will - 17, Cody - 12) so Team Purple got team points there. Playing Cascade were: William, Cody, Mal, Aly, Arianna, Wicki, Arielle, Wolf, Darcey, Arianna and Tarma.

Next, due to pressure from some whom we won't name.... we had a 'kiddy' round of Xany, with Worm (Meredith)(Team Purple) coming out on top (playing were Worm, Wicki, Arianna and Mal). Following that was an open round of Xany, with Cody whomping everyone with 145 points - garnering points for Team Pink. Participating in that were William, Aly, Darcey, Arielle, Wolf (Ashley) and Cal (Tarma).

During the last part of our time at #quidditch, Team Pink had the misfortune of a bit of confundus jinxing (we (Team Purple) didn't do it on purpose) for Professor Cody Lewis' server. Truly we didn't do it on purpose.
Playing were:
Team Purple - Tarma, Aly, Meredith, William, Arielle and Ashley
Team Pink - Mal, Darcey, Cody and Wicki.

Be as it may, the game was played to 100 points with the final score 100 - 60 to Team Purple.

Our final TOURNAMENT SCORE!!!

TEAM PURPLE shows the magnificence of the COLOUR PURPLE with 480 points!
TEAM PINK flaunts their PINKNESS with 425 points!

Really close scores, folks -- and thanks very much for a lovely Quidditch Shenanigans!

I'm adding up Beans now ... and will post who got how many in a while. :ph34r:

Arianna Stonewater
Silver Arrow

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:07 am

Thanks for running this! It was a lot of fun!!

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:19 am

Beans earned ....

PURPLE
Allyson Celestra = 110 220
Arianna Stonewater = 120 240
Arielle Lemoyne = 50 100
Ashley Margaret = 120 240
Cassandra Remington = 30 60
Cliodna Levebre = 30 60
Kim Alting = 60 120
Leonie Hauri = 80 160
Marcie Hobber = 70 140
Maxim Trevelyan = 100 200
Meredith Malkins = 140 280
Polaris Black = 80 160
Prof. Fumei Spookie = 80 160
Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis = 100 200
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black = 120 240
Rosalie Mason = 20 40
Will Lestrange = 130 260

PINK
Alice Gistrene = 10
Bull J. Johnson = 10
Darcey Goode = 160
February Fortescue = 60
Ivelisse Ada = 20
Joey Stark = 90
Maleficent Malkins = 120
Matilde Rayne = 40
Maxwell Shadow = 40
Niniel Sanders = 30
Prof. Amy Lupin = 20
Prof. Cody Lewis = 110
Prof. Rorey Padfoot = 30
Riliey Starshine = 80
Rosemarie Halliwell = 20
Rowan Dream = 10
Sapphire Riddle = 50
Siobhan Burke = 10
Wicket Wilcox = 80

Team Purple will receive double the number of Beans, as posted here.

EDIT: Edited to reflect that^. -Cody

Sapphire Riddle
No broom

Postby Sapphire Riddle » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:02 am

WHAAAA!! *Virtual tears flood the screen* WHYYY??!!! WHYYYYY....???!!!! WHY CAN'T WE HAVE SHENANIGANS ALL YEAR ROUND?! I have no chance of being in RQT, so this is the only way I can play! Trust my bedtime to get in the way of EVERYTHING... I only managed to play once :(
A.K.A. Buttercup. Call me that at your own risk. My pet cow will not happily roam in your room.

Arianna Stonewater
Silver Arrow

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:20 pm

YAY PURPLE!! And way to go MEREDITH!!! You did fantastic for the team!!!

Pink Team, better luck next time!

Note: On the chart it doesn't show that I turned in the puzzle for week 3, did that get included in my beans?

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:41 pm

Arianna Stonewater wrote:YAY PURPLE!! And way to go MEREDITH!!! You did fantastic for the team!!!
Pink Team, better luck next time!

Note: On the chart it doesn't show that I turned in the puzzle for week 3, did that get included in my beans?

I just sent you Beans, Arianna! (It was easier to just send them than go dig through the chart, ha!)

That doesn't mean that everyone else can put in queries of that! noooooo
Speaking of Beans, even though everyone may have gotten Beans from me, Cody repaid me almost to the extent that I had more Beans after sending them to before I sent them! Just so you know. :lol:

Arianna Stonewater
Silver Arrow

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:52 pm

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black wrote:I just sent you Beans, Arianna! (It was easier to just send them than go dig through the chart, ha!)

That doesn't mean that everyone else can put in queries of that! noooooo
Speaking of Beans, even though everyone may have gotten Beans from me, Cody repaid me almost to the extent that I had more Beans after sending them to before I sent them! Just so you know. :lol:

Yay, thanks! And thanks for running this guys, I loved it!

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:12 pm

Thank you, Arianna and Sapphire (and everyone), for playing in Quidditch Shenanigans. It was fun, wasn't it. :D

So many people signed up for it! And then, almost everyone who signed up participated! That is absolutely great.

Prof. Fumei Spookie
Silver Arrow

Postby Prof. Fumei Spookie » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:26 pm

wait... it's already over? I wasnt even able to play a single game...
WHY WERE ALL MY SATURDAYS OCCUPIED? ><

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:44 pm

Prof. Fumei Spookie wrote:wait... it's already over? I wasnt even able to play a single game...
WHY WERE ALL MY SATURDAYS OCCUPIED? ><

It's because Cody and I are powerful witches, Fumei. ^_^

Polaris Black
Silver Arrow

Postby Polaris Black » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:43 am

This was a great activity - many thanks to the organizers! :D
A "Cassie Sig" is priceless - thank you so much!

Return to “Quidditch Shenanigans”