November Prompt: A Decade to Remember

Moderator: Book Club Heads

Prof. Gustavo Flores
Silver Arrow

November Prompt: A Decade to Remember

Postby Prof. Gustavo Flores » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:15 am

Recently I finished reading The “Vermin” Years by Mexican author Xavier Velasco, and in it tell us how different characters lived the decade of the 1980s in Mexico.

Inspired by that, for November’s prompt, please make a drawing or graphic in which you show us a collection of important events, people, memories, etc. of a special decade of your choosing.

Please share your work replying to this thread. Remember to keep everything HOL appropriate, adhering to all HOL rules, and keeping your submissions 600x600 pixels or smaller.

Submitting your work will earn you 20 beans and the chance to earn the beautiful Ink Splatters Award!! You have until the end of the school year to complete your prompt.

Happy November!

Bull J. Johnson
Moontrimmer

Re: November Prompt: A Decade to Remember

Postby Bull J. Johnson » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:17 am

Full size click

My decade was the 90's.
Last edited by Prof. Gustavo Flores on Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: EDIT 11/14.2017: 20 Beans sent - Gus

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt

Re: November Prompt: A Decade to Remember

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:22 pm

Endurance Riding - the first endurance ride of this particular genre was started by Wendell Robie (with his Arabian stallion 'Smoke') and five other horsemen.
In 1955, the late Wendell T. Robie with a party of five horsemen rode the Western States Trail from the post office in Tahoe City to Auburn, proving that horses could still cover 100 miles in one day. Through his energy and vision, he subsequently founded the Western States Trail Foundation and organized the annual Western States Trail Ride, also known as the Tevis Cup “100 Miles – One Day” Ride.

All of this began from Auburn, California, where Mr. Robie lived. Endurance riding caught on, and more rides started up. In 1972, a group of people living in that same area started AERC (American Endurance Ride Conference). The motto of AERC is "To finish is to win." I am fortunate to have ridden, and finished, Tevis several times -- as well as having accumulated more than 3,000 endurance ride miles in competition. (I also did Levi's Ride-and-Tie, but only once. :o)

Note 1: Most of these photos are taken of places along the Tevis Trail. A couple are from other Endurance Rides. None of the photos are taken by me.
Note 2: The horses are strictly monitored for health and ability to continue by veterinarians along the way. (Oddly, the riders aren't ... :lol:)
Last edited by Prof. Gustavo Flores on Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: EDIT 11/14.2017: 20 Beans sent - Gus
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent.
Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Return to “Ink Splatters”