FBAWTFT - The Original Screenplay

Moderator: Book Club Heads

Polaris Black
Cleansweep One

FBAWTFT - The Original Screenplay

Postby Polaris Black » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:31 pm

Part I
Most people who have left negative reviews for Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them have done so because they were expecting to read a novel and completely missed the fact that this was an original screenplay. Please redesign this book cover so that the fact that it’s an original screenplay somehow stands out even more than before. You can be as serious or funny as you please! Size limit for book cover: 600x600 pixels

Part II
Many people who have purchased Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them have no intention of reading an original screenplay and so have placed it on a shelf with their other Harry Potter books in order to complete their collections. How do you feel about getting your canon from a source other than a novel or author interview, i.e., Pottermore website, screenplay, or script?

We'll be accepting submissions until the end of the school year.
A "Cassie Sig" is priceless - thank you so much!

Bull J. Johnson
Moontrimmer

Re: FBAWTFT - The Original Screenplay

Postby Bull J. Johnson » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:26 pm

Part 2

I really don't mind where I get Harry Potter info as long as it has been ok'd by J.K. Rowling. Which the new movie and Pottermore has been.

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt Galaxy

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:31 am

Part 1
Part 2
To me, if it comes from the author, the original source, that's canon. Anything else might be interesting, fun, a parallel-universe sort of extension of the canon story, but not canon. The play came from J.K. Rowling -- that's canon. The movies? Nope. Not canon. Pottermore which is written by so many others? That's interesting .... but not from original source. I am one who is very happy with Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them The Original Screenplay (I read and read and oh, its done :\ ) ... and I'll be watching the movie (soon? *cross fingers*) with great hopes of it being awesome.
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent.
Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Maxim Trevelyan
Silver Arrow

Postby Maxim Trevelyan » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:52 pm

Part 1

Out with the old one, in with the new!

Part 2

I do not mind getting the canon the any kind of medium, books, graphic novels, twitter, facebook, whatever, as long as it is from the author or author approved. HOWEVER, I refuse to think of it as canon if it completely erases/changes the previous canon established by the author. That is why I will never believe that Cursed Child is canon, no matter who says it is.
Thank you Dario!

Return to “Ink Splatters”