January Prompt: Magical Me

Moderator: Book Club Heads

Sky Alton
Cleansweep One

January Prompt: Magical Me

Postby Sky Alton » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:11 pm

Break with a banshee, gadding with ghouls, holidays with hags, travels with trolls, voyages with vampires, wanderings with werewolves, year with a yeti… Life’s certainly never dull for Gilderoy Lockhart.

But, as you may have heard, he isn’t the most original of souls and could really use your help coming up with his next book. (All you need to do is write the thing…he’ll handle the publicity and everything….)

This month (in honour of his 53rd birthday), I’d love for you to write a chapter, introduction or extract of 200 words or more from Gilderoy’s next smash hit. Please include a suitably Lockhart-esque title!

Post below if you’re comfortable sharing publically or send it to me via hol.bookclub @ gmail.com (without the spaces) by the end of the school year!

And a massive thank you to Will Lestrange for the inspiration for this month’s prompt.
"Does the Walker choose the path or the path the walker?" -Garth Nix
(Av/sig by Amy!)

Meredith Malkins
No broom

Re: January Prompt: Magical Me

Postby Meredith Malkins » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:07 am

Blurb of Mad in St Mungo's, by GIlderoy Lockhart.

We all know greatness is not born, it is made out of hardship. When you think of great wizards, you probably think of Gilderoy Lockhart, Order of Merlin Third Class, Dark Force Defense League honorary member, and five-time winner of Witch Weekly's Most Charming Smile Award. If you don't, then this book is why you should.
Mad in St Mungo's is Gilderoy Lockhart's heartwrenching tale after his travels. For Lockhart's most interesting and trying times were not when he was travelling around the world, helping and inventing, but begin at his appointment as Professor of Defense Against the Dark Arts at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizardry.
Starting from his arrival at the infamous school, Mad in St Mungo's documents Lockhart's gripping and heart-felt journey: boldly protecting students from horrors inside and outside of the castle, the terrifying account of a student's ferocious Memory Charm attack, and the long, perilous journey from madness to regain his memories and his sense of self.
In his own words, Gilderoy Lockhart guides us through his heartbreaking story of struggle, internal battles, and small but hard-won victories. Mad in St Mungo's is set to be his next best-seller, and no longer because of his award-winning grin. This tale will change everything you know about your favourite hero, even the colour lilac.
Once, Gilderoy Lockhart quietly saved the world. Now, he must save himself.

Return to “Quill and Ink”