Getting to Know You

Moderator: Book Club Heads

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt Galaxy

Getting to Know You

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:19 am

If you wanted someone to get to know you better, which book would you recommend they read?

Have you read a book and said 'that's me' or 'this explains me'.

Which book is this? Who is the author?

Why would you recommend someone to read the book in order to learn about you? Is it because of a character, or characters, in the story? Or is it the story itself? Is it a history book or a fantasy or a science fiction or what?

Do you like this book?

Please keep your posts HOL-appropriate. If you put graphics in the post, please keep them to 600x600 or less (and give credit where credit is due).
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Maxim Trevelyan
Cleansweep One

Re: Getting to Know You

Postby Maxim Trevelyan » Sun May 13, 2018 12:28 pm

I think that whoever wanted to know me a little better should read Bridge to Terabithia by the very talented Katherine Paterson. Why this book though? Mostly due to the story rather than characters themselves. It parallels perhaps the most important relationship I ever had in my life and its tragic end. When I read the aftermath of Leslie’s death and feelings surrounding it, I remembered my own experiences and emotions just exploded out of me. You will certainly need a tissue on hand if you read this book.

It is certainly a sad, but beautiful story that deals with heavy themes, but presents them quite well in my opinion.
Thank you Dario!

Return to “Between the Pages”