Similar Characters/Scenes in books and plays/screenplays

Moderator: Book Club Heads

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt

Similar Characters/Scenes in books and plays/screenplays

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:01 pm

I was looking for a picture of 'Captain Jack' and some pictures of Audrey Hepburn showed up (don't ask), dressed for the ball. The lyrics of that show 'My Fair Lady' started playing in my head. Then, a little while later, I was searching for a picture from the Harry Potter series and a picture of Gilderoy Lockhart (many of them) popped up! Of course, several of them were of him smiling and that quidditch question/answer popped up - "... and five times winner of Witch Weekly's Most Charming Smile Award "

Oddly, the music from My Fair Lady had wound around to Henry Higgins singing of the ball, and Zoltan Karparthy showing up - "oozing charm from every pore, he oiled his way around the floor".

What a great coincidence! :P

Have you ever read a book and then realized that a character in it reminded you of someone (or something) in an entirely different book or perhaps in a play (or screenplay/movie)? Or there is a 'coincidence' of traits which have an amusing (or unfortunate) juxtaposition? Same questions with a character in a book and someone in a play or screenplay/movie.

This question/topic is not asking for archetypes -- those abound! This question is for specific individuals in specific books and who or what they might remind you of from another book (play/screenplay/movie) altogether.
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent.
Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Return to “Between the Pages”