Book Review: The Program

Katelin Ross
Oakshaft 79

Book Review: The Program

Post by Katelin Ross » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:04 pm

Title: The Program
Author: Suzannne Young
Series: Yes, The Program
Genre: Fiction with some aspects of Science Fiction, but mostly fiction, considered a Young Adult Novel

I want to preface this review with a warning. This book was an interesting read, but it is not HOL book club book of the month appropriate. Due to the subject matter of the book, I would recommend this novel to those of us that are adults and are not offended or triggered by the mention of suicide and depression.

As most of my current reading is based around alternate realities, dystopian, futuristic type novels, this book fits right in with these types of books. It is set in a reality where teenagers are highly susceptible to depression which can lead to suicide. The epidemic has become astronomical, so the state and some countries have decided that the only cure for depression is The Program.

I found this to be a very interesting and quick read, and like I said before, would recommend it to adults who are not triggered by this kind of subject matter. I would recommend that teenagers, if interested, need to run this by a parent/guardian before reading this series due to the subject matter.

Return to “The Bookshelf”