Shiloh Adlar
Cleansweep One

Book Review: Anne of Green Gables

Postby Shiloh Adlar » Tue May 15, 2018 12:34 am

Title of the book: Anne of Green Gables
Author: L.M. Montgomery
Series: Anne of Green Gables
Genres: Young Adult, Classics

Short summary of the story: Expecting a boy, the Cuthbert's get a huge surprise when Michael comes home with a young red headed girl named Anne. The story takes the reader through Anne's lovely imaginings while she is learning about life, friendship, and some common sense. Marilla and Michael learn a lot on their own while raising the young girl and Marilla finds herself falling for the girl as the weeks and soon years pass. Anne teaches us about imagination and how powerful it can be and about determination when it comes to her rival, Gilbert Blythe. There are also difficult points in the story where tough decisions have to be made.

Good points / bad points: There weren't really any bad points to this story. I read this when I was very young and couldn't remember it very well, so I picked it up again and I had forgotten so much. It is such a lovely read, and I relate to Anne very much in the imagination area. We were both very imaginative children. But Anne also learns a lot of lessons, and I think that is important overall in the story about how too much of one thing is not always good and not enough of something else can cause regret.
Shiloh Adlar, Sixth Year, Prefect, RQT Co-Captain
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire

Return to “The Bookshelf”