The Princess Diarist by Carrie Fisher

Moderator: Book Club Heads

Marie Dark
Oakshaft 79

The Princess Diarist by Carrie Fisher

Postby Marie Dark » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:42 pm

I hope I am doing this correctly. I have just finished this book and I have so many mixed feelings regarding this book.
Carrie Fisher (AKA = Princess Leia) had a very tenuous but adventurous and some might say exciting life. Miss Fisher on the other hand, talks about a roller coaster of life's emotions and all of it being observed by a public audience. Star wars was the big break, that sky rocketed Miss Fisher into a Summer Block buster Star, faster than she could even grasp the enormous fan following and being "Thrust" into a very public Spotlight Actress. My Love for Star Wars goes back to May 25th 1977, when the movie premiered in Los Angeles. Miss Fisher elaborates on the simple space movie, which was filmed in London and other locations; and her adventures she experienced with co-stars. (Yes, the affair she had with Harrison Ford AKA= Han Solo) Miss Fisher was 19 years old and had a journal that allowed her to vent and record her activities and thoughts of what was going on that day or what she was feeling. Doing this made her feel safe. Not very many 19 yr olds write about their personal experiences; much less, publish them for everyone to read. I really think, she wrote in her journas for her personal private self and had no intentions to let anyone know. She explains this in the book, along with her "Love/Hate" relationships with fans. However, in the end Miss Fisher accepts the popularity and embraces it.

Return to “The Bookshelf”