Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt

Book Review: Ready Player One

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:52 am

Title of the book: Ready Player One
Author: Ernest Cline
Series: not yet
Genres: young adult / fantasy / science fiction
Short summary of the story: Starting in the year 2044, Wade Watts partakes in a game of adventure in a virtual society called OASIS. A quest to find the Easter Egg inside OASIS becomes dangerous and deadly, to Wade and to those he knows, after he finds one of the three Keys which lead to the Easter Egg.
Good points / bad points: This book was recommended to me by another HOLer. Right now, I don't think of any bad points. It's all good. No, wait. I found a bad point. I was up until 1:30 am reading it, even though I knew I had to get up around 6 am.... I really really wanted to finish it! Another bad point is that I need it for my library and I've no room in the book shelves anymore which means I'm going to have to rearrange (again).
As for Good points -- I'm not a game geek, but I found out I'm more of a general purpose geek than I realized, when I recognized so much trivia throughout the book. I liked how it was written, I was immediately involved in the story and found it totally 'real' and would I want to live there? Oh yes. Except for the folks killing each other and stuff. But OASIS? OH YES.
*Avatar-Terrier (Beka Cooper)*Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... image by Susan Seddon Boulet
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Return to “The Bookshelf”