The Hunger Games - March Book Discussion

Moderator: Book Club Heads

Prof. Amy Lupin
Cleansweep Two

The Hunger Games - March Book Discussion

Postby Prof. Amy Lupin » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:13 am

Welcome to our first monthly book discussion. As the name suggests, we're hoping to make this into a monthly thing. If you have any suggestions for future book discussions, please drop us an email at hol.bookclub @ gmail.com (with the spaces removed).

Without further ado, our first book discussion is centered around The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. We have put together a rough guideline for the month, but you're welcome to read the book at your own pace:

1-7 March: Chapters 1-6
8-14 March: Chapters 7-12
15-21 March: Chapters 13-18
22- 31 March: Chapters 19-27

Have you read The Hunger Games before? Or is this your first time reading it? We would love to know!

If inspiration strikes you, please feel free to share some of your own fan fiction, poetry, stories or fan art.

Bull J. Johnson
Moontrimmer

Re: The Hunger Games - March Book Discussion

Postby Bull J. Johnson » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:21 pm

I have read The Hunger Games before for a HOL class, but they are my favorite books so I'm glad to read them again. I'm hoping we get to read the whole trilogy and have a movie night maybe after each book.

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:33 am

You've perhaps read some of The Hunger Games by now.

Do you have an idea for an outfit for the Tributes?

Draw it and post it in Ink Splatters -- here.
*Avatar-Terrier (Beka Cooper)*Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... image by Susan Seddon Boulet
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:53 pm

There are still a few days in which you can post comments about The Hunger Games in our March Book Discussion.

After that, you are of course welcome to write a book review in The Book Shelf (or add your own comments and observations to the topic if someone beats you to creating it).
*Avatar-Terrier (Beka Cooper)*Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... image by Susan Seddon Boulet
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Return to “Monthly Book Discussions”