Aurelia West
Oakshaft 79

Book Review: I'll Give You the Sun

Postby Aurelia West » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:26 pm

Title of the book: I'll Give You the Sun
Author: Jandy Nelson
Series: N/A
Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary

This book deals centers on twins, Noah and Jude, who go from being extremely close to barely talking in the span of three years. They each have a different story to tell as to how they got so separate from each other, but each only has half of the true story.

I really liked the characters in this book. They both felt like real human beings and did things real people would do, and their development through the story, though sometimes quite drastic, also made senses considering the events that caused the twins to grow apart. It was told from first person from each of the twins' point of view which sometimes threw me off a bit, especially because in Noah's chapters he was age 13-14, and in Jude's chapters she was 16, but after a while I got used to it.

Prof. Amy Lupin
Cleansweep Two

Re: Book Review: I'll Give You the Sun

Postby Prof. Amy Lupin » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:14 pm

I finished reading I'll Give You the Sun earlier today, and absolutely loved it!

It did take me a while to get into it though, but once I got used to the way in which the story unfolded, I found I just could not put the book down. I was surprised to find how well I was able to relate to the different characters — the last time that happened for me was probably with the Harry Potter series. The book spoke to me on a number of different levels, and I can definitely see myself rereading this book in the time to come.

Return to “The Bookshelf”