Flash Fiction

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Re: Flash Fiction

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:59 pm

This weeks words to include are:

backpack, fairy, speech

The speech was illuminating. Finally someone was going to join them in taking care of the matter. The fairy hoisted her specially made backpack (built to avoid the wings) and slipped it on her shoulders. Time to go back to the clan and report they had help. [47 words]
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... image by Susan Seddon Boulet
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Bull J. Johnson
Cleansweep One

Post by Bull J. Johnson » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:05 am

There was once a fairy that had to give a speech in her class, but couldn’t find her backpack. However, her friend knew where it was. So the day was saved. (31 words)
Prof. Amy Lupin
Tinderblast

Post by Prof. Amy Lupin » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:56 am

We'll be starting November off with these items:
flower, letter, fear

For example:
The young woman's hands trembled as she opened the letter, fearing its contents. A pressed flower fell to the ground. A violet. She gave a small smile in spite of herself. He remembered. As she drank in each word, her elation grew. He was returning home. (46 words)

"I am only one, but I am one. I can't do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do."
- Edward Everett Hale
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:22 pm

flower, letter, fear

She read the letter, the summons. Did she fear to join with the group, and help to pursue their dream? She looked at the little scribble at the bottom of the page, the flower doodle. She smiled and … with a shrug of her shoulders, went to pack. [48 words]
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Prof. Amy Lupin
Tinderblast

Post by Prof. Amy Lupin » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:42 am

This week's items are:
telescope, dinosaur, castle

For example:
The newly off-duty sentry heard a yelp. He rushed up the castle battlements to where his comrade was standing with his mouth agape, pointing in the distance. The sentry grabbed the telescope and saw a hulking figure. Sure enough, the Age of Dinosaurs had begun once more. (47 words)

"I am only one, but I am one. I can't do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do."
- Edward Everett Hale
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:06 am

telescope, dinosaur, castle

Opening up the telescope with her clawed fingers, the dinosaur peered at the castle. It was morning. Were the food creatures coming out yet? She hoped so; her velociraptor youngsters were hungry. [32 words]
Will Lestrange
Cleansweep One

Post by Will Lestrange » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:16 am

I used my [telescope] to look outside the [castle]. I saw the usual constellations: the Big Dipper, Orion's belt, and the "W" shape of my favorite constellation, Cassiopieia. But to the left of the W was a new constellation: it looked more like a [dinosaur] than any known constellation! [49 words, if "W" is a word]
Prof. Amy Lupin
Tinderblast

Post by Prof. Amy Lupin » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:10 am

This week's items are:
badge, postcard, map

The detective rested his badge on the desk next to some discarded post. Rifling through, he discovered a vaguely familiar postcard. He took out a stack of scuffed postcards and spread them out. The backs together formed a map of where a decade-old case, still unclosed, had unfolded. (49 words)

- Edward Everett Hale
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:06 am

badge, postcard, map

She sat at the table and cut out the postcard from the back of the cereal box. Sending it off for the badge and map, she waited impatiently for them to arrive so she could start looking for the treasure. [40 words]
Bull J. Johnson
Cleansweep One

Post by Bull J. Johnson » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:23 am

Harry was polishing his badge when the call came. A boy was missing. Harry looked at his map, noticed he was close to the scene and went. Harry arrived on the scene looked around the boy's room and noticed a postcard hanging up. Harry knew where the boy was. (49 words.)

PSS... That was hard. I keep wanting to use more words to sound better.
Polaris Black
Comet 140

Post by Polaris Black » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:19 pm

When she got back from vacation, she rifled through a week’s worth of mail, anxiously looking for her replacement student ID. Something caught her eye; it was a postcard from Fakarava. She forgot about the badge and immediately went to locate the place on a map. (47 words)
A "Cassie Sig" is priceless - thank you so much!
Prof. Amy Lupin
Tinderblast

Post by Prof. Amy Lupin » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:28 am

This week's items are:
treasure, sea, abacus

For example:
The diver marveled at the treasure chest he had rescued from the surrounding icy depths. He propped open the lid, discovering an antique abacus. He moved several beads to one side. His boat rocked. He moved additional beads. A wave crashed nearby. Realising this instrument affected the sea, he smiled. (50 words)

- Edward Everett Hale
Maude Rudd
No broom

Post by Maude Rudd » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:34 pm

Kicking small smooth pebbles. Watching foot prints sink into wet sand. The clouds part; a sunray shines through. The waves, reveal something. Stepping closer to the foamy green gray sea. Waves wash upon the sand, uncovering a piece of wood and gemstones. The real treasure is an abacus half buried.
Amaryllis Storm
No broom

Post by Amaryllis Storm » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:06 am

treasure, sea, abacus

Barnaby sat at his desk, clicking away at the abacus. As he worked, his mind floated away on the sea of his imagination. The clicking became the clashing of swords as he fought valiantly against his imaginary foes. These were the moments he treasured the most during his work day. (50 words)
Bane of the Ra'zac
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:29 pm

treasure, sea, abacus

He juggled the abacus she wanted so desperately with a careless hand. She needed it so she could resume her search for the treasure! It was difficult enough to navigate the sea with a sextant (after GPS went dead). “Okay” she muttered. “I'll trade you my letter-opener for the abacus.” [50 words]
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:31 pm

December begins with these words:

harp, time, game

Taliesin ghosted his fingers over the strings of the harp. It was almost time for the game to be done. Soon he would be with Sara again. Pukwudji, catching Taliesin's thought, nodded cheerfully, a wide grin on his face. [39 words]
Vanessa Tilley
Moontrimmer

Post by Vanessa Tilley » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:27 pm

Miranda was having a hard time focusing on the softball game today. She was excited and nervous because it was almost time for her very first harp lesson! Miranda hoped that she didn't stink because she loved the harp. (39 words)

Return to “Book Club”