Favorite part of the year?

Discussions about your interests outside of HOL
Alexander Brighton
Oakshaft 79

Favorite part of the year?

Post by Alexander Brighton » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:24 pm

The Canadian Thanksgiving is coming up next week, then Halloween, then the American's Thanksgiving next month and Christmas a month after that then New Years. So many holidays being celebrated around the world in so many different ways. What is everyone's favorite Holiday and why?

I'll go first. I like Christmas and Halloween the best, but I have to say my favorite is Christmas. I like seeing the lights (especially the ones that go to music), and playing Christmas songs on the piano, decorating the Christmas Tree with family, and watching my favorite Christmas movies (like Home Alone and Scrooge). There's more fun things to do at Christmas time than any other time of the year.
Polaris Black
Comet 140

Re: Favorite part of the year?

Post by Polaris Black » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:53 pm

My favorite time of year is autumn so I guess my favorite holiday is Halloween. We put up signs on our apartments to let trick-or-treaters know we're friendly - and it's such fun seeing what they're wearing and how excited they are! The local newspaper runs a storefront painting contest and it gets really competitive with parents supervising their children's creations. And store owners have buckets of candy on hand to give to passersby until they run out. But if you want to venture outside the "hood", the city has costume parties, haunted houses, parades, Halloween festivals and other pumpkin-packed events. Something for everyone and a truly great time for all!
A "Cassie Sig" is priceless - thank you so much!
Kendra Givens
Oakshaft 79

Post by Kendra Givens » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:11 pm

I surprised myself when thinking about this, but I'd have to say my favorite time of year is the very beginning of fall when the weather starts getting a little bit cooler and the trees start to turn colors. I love light sweater type weather, and I love having bonfires at night when it's a little chilly outside and the fire can keep you warm.
Adanys Mond'wil
No broom

Post by Adanys Mond'wil » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:41 am

Mine is Christmas, hands down. Actually, the entire month of December.
I love every part of it! The cold, the festivity, the songs (classic Christmas carols), the cookies, the lights. It's just a bright and wonderful time of the year for me. I get so excited for it. And I love wearing winter clothing, hats, boots, gloves, and scarves.
I like seeing my town's Christmas parade, or the light show a neighboring town puts on, drinking hot chocolate, putting up decorations...
This year I want to branch out in the activities, travel a little farther and see what other towns are doing :)

Return to “Discussions”