Spring Break

Discussions About Anything HOL Related

Moderator: Kendra Givens

Kendra Givens
Oakshaft 79

Spring Break

Postby Kendra Givens » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:54 am

I'm on spring break this week, as happens every year in the life of an educator in the United States. Someone asked the question today "what are you doing tomorrow?", and I honestly don't know. The only plans I had for the week were to get my wisdom tooth pulled and then drive to another state to visit friends, which didn't end up happening. Do you have a spring break time from work or school? What do you usually do during that time? If you don't get one currently, do you have any fond memories of spring breaks in the past? Do other countries other than the US hold a "spring break"?

Gail Allen
Oakshaft 79

Re: Spring Break

Postby Gail Allen » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:20 pm

We don't do spring break, but we do have Easter holiday. It lasts from tomorrow until Monday for people in general. Schools started it already on the 24th though, so they do get a full week.
I never did anything particular during that holiday, but we have had family visit us when I was younger and we do decorate the house with eggs and chicken and hares and bunnies.
Thank you Cassie for the signature!

Alexander Brighton
No broom

Postby Alexander Brighton » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:08 pm

where we live, Spring Break is called March Break. This year, it's later in March than usual. We actually had almost an extended break because there were 2 snow days last week and we don't go back to school until next Wednesday because of Easter. So we get 2 weeks off this year. I don't really do much on March Break except spend more time on HOL or play games. But of course this week there's Easter which will make things a little different.

Shiloh Adlar
Cleansweep One

Postby Shiloh Adlar » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:06 am

I had my spring break a few weeks ago in early March, and it was wonderful. I did an alternative spring break this year where I got to do a lot of volunteering in my community. We were in the community during the day and then of the late afternoon and early evenings, we had groups that had an educational focus that we all contributed to. I really enjoyed it, so I hope I get to do something like that again next year, and perhaps out of state of overseas depending what I have going on during that time. I always like having something lined up because without it, I don't know what to do with myself either.
Shiloh Adlar, Sixth Year, Prefect, RQT Co-Captain
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire

Return to “Students Lounge”