Houses and Elements

Discussions About Anything HOL Related

Moderator: Kendra Givens

Will Lestrange
Cleansweep One

Houses and Elements

Postby Will Lestrange » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:29 pm

One question that I've found as an interesting way to determine people's personalities is to ask them to choose between the elements of fire, ice, and lightning. There are some relationships between these elements and Hogwarts houses, but it's not perfect. For example, when I started out at HOL, I was talking with two other brand-new Slytherins about which element we all aligned with... only to find that we split right down the middle: there was an ice and a fire to my lightning.

So, let's see where you land: fire, ice, or lightning - and, of course, why?

Shadow Gaunt
Oakshaft 79

Re: Houses and Elements

Postby Shadow Gaunt » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:52 pm

I personally love fire. The way it flickers, the warmth it provides on a cold winter day. Fire makes food and gave warmth to our ancestors. Fire is sweet and warm. And yet, fire is also a devastating force unlike no other. It can rage for hours and not stop. It can destroy buildings, towns, and people. Fire has two sides to it and even though I love all three, I love fire especially for being at one second one thing and the next second a force of destrucition.
Shadow Gaunt
"In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes."-Benjamin Franklin

Resyarrina Elora
Oakshaft 79

Postby Resyarrina Elora » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:43 pm

I like ice.
It's chilly, but the cold make you grateful towards warmth.
It's sweet like an ice cream.
It's refreshing as drinks.
It's bring people closer. You feel warmth to get closer in cold rather in hot.

The ice easy to mix, influencing, and even when it's gone, the moments will stay.
You put it in the water, it melts, but the cold stay.
Isn't that wonderful?

Shiloh Adlar
Cleansweep One

Postby Shiloh Adlar » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:46 am

I like to think that I'm more like fire. When I think of fire, while I do think of destruction, I also think of passion. I am passionate about many things and one of those things is about loving everyone and every living thing. Fire can destroy but it can also cleanse to bring birth to new life. It's warm and inviting and soothing which is the type of person that I try to be.
Shiloh Adlar, Sixth Year, Prefect, RQT Co-Captain
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire

Return to “Students Lounge”