2018 vs 2017

Discussions About Anything HOL Related
Will Lestrange
Cleansweep One

2018 vs 2017

Post by Will Lestrange » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:41 am

So we've nearly finished the first month of 2018. I know a lot of us were frustrated by 2017 as a year, and the thought of the new year brought hope of improvement. As we approach February, what are people's thoughts on 2018 so far? Has it been an improvement or has it simply been "like 2017, but worse?"

On the other hand, maybe it's too early to really get a read on 2018... do people have any exciting goals/things to look forward to later in the year that simply haven't had the chance to happen yet? It would be interesting to see people's thoughts on what we can expect for the rest of the year.
Emanuel Hines
No broom

Re: 2018 vs 2017

Post by Emanuel Hines » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:48 am

I usually do not take a notice of changing the year. I like that night when the year is changing into another, but after it I do continue living as I was. So called "New Year" promises are not for me-If I want to make a change than I try to do it as soon as possible, during the year.
I do expect another year with yoy, especially because of school, because this is the sign that I am on the middle of school year (one term succesfully done).
I do think that new year won't be better or worse. There are both moments of joy and regret during whole year.
Shiloh Adlar
Cleansweep One

Re: 2018 vs 2017

Post by Shiloh Adlar » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:50 pm

2017 was definitely a difficult year for me, but it was also a good one when I was able to come back full time to HOL. I only look for 2018 to keep getting better. Though I continued to struggle with things through much of 2017, during the Winter Solstice, I did a candle burning ceremony to prepare myself for the year ahead. I burned away old fears and upcoming worries and so far 2018 has not felt like having a huge weight on my shoulders.

I can't say there is much that I have planned to look forward to, but given everything that happened last year, not only with me personally, but to the area I live, I want to be able to use 2018 as a way to give. I think that will be my goal for this year, giving back. I think giving back is not just a way of helping others but it is also a way of saying that I am grateful for what I have and that I want to share what I can give to others because of it.

So that will be my goal for 2018. Other than that, I am hoping to do some traveling later on and meet some of my new friends.
Shiloh Adlar, Seventh Year, Prefect, RQT Co-Captain
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire

Return to “Discussions”