Trends of 2017

Discussions About Anything HOL Related

Moderator: Kendra Givens

Gail Allen
Oakshaft 79

Trends of 2017

Postby Gail Allen » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:30 pm

What trend(s) from 2017 did you like the best? Or the worst? And did they start in 2017 or just continue on from 2016 or even earlier.
And do you think it will continue on in 2018 or maybe even longer?

One of the trends I definitely remember from 2017 was fidget spinners. It's died out mostly though and I'd say good: I've tried them, but I never really got caught by it much. There was just too little fidgeting to be done with them. They spin too long before I have to do something again and that is all the can do. They don't satisfy my fidget-needs nearly as well as clicking a pen for instance. So I think they'll die out in 2018, and I am not sad about that.
Thank you Cassie for the signature!

Shiloh Adlar
Cleansweep One

Re: Trends of 2017

Postby Shiloh Adlar » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:35 pm

I think a trend that was in 2017 that I don't want to carry over into 2018 is the eyebrow trend. I don't understand the point of braiding your eyebrows or putting them into little tails or even making them do weird things. If someone has an explanation for me, I will gladly hear it. But honestly, who has time to do all of that to their eyebrows when I barely have enough time to keep mine shaped nice to begin with.
Shiloh Adlar, Sixth Year, Prefect, RQT Co-Captain
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire

Kendra Givens
Oakshaft 79

Postby Kendra Givens » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:36 am

Working with teenagers all day long, I will excited to see if the revived crop top shirt trend goes away. I always feel like something took a bite out of their shirts, and I can't understand why you'd want to wear something half-missing when it's 17F outside. These girls are beautiful and can wear these things better than I ever could and I'm not one to say "you have to cover up" if it's nothing scandalous, but I don't have a burning desire to see anyone's belly button ring either.

Shadow Gaunt
Oakshaft 79

Postby Shadow Gaunt » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:25 am

Both Kendra’s statement
Kendra Givens wrote:Working with teenagers all day long, I will excited to see if the revived crop top shirt trend goes away. I always feel like something took a bite out of their shirts, and I can't understand why you'd want to wear something half-missing when it's 17F outside. These girls are beautiful and can wear these things better than I ever could and I'm not one to say "you have to cover up" if it's nothing scandalous, but I don't have a burning desire to see anyone's belly button ring either.

And Shiloh’s statement
Shiloh Adlar wrote:I think a trend that was in 2017 that I don't want to carry over into 2018 is the eyebrow trend. I don't understand the point of braiding your eyebrows or putting them into little tails or even making them do weird things. If someone has an explanation for me, I will gladly hear it. But honestly, who has time to do all of that to their eyebrows when I barely have enough time to keep mine shaped nice to begin with.

Are about fashion.

In my opinion fashion comes and goes and fashion doesn’t stay in effect for long. I also feel like new fashion trends are becoming more and more outrageous as if to trying to compete with one another. I really hope that people will stop chasing fashion and will really think before cutting a chunk out of their shirt or coloring their eyebrows.
Shadow Gaunt
"In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes."-Benjamin Franklin

Return to “Students Lounge”