Cross Stitch

Discussions About Anything HOL Related

Moderator: Kendra Givens

Gail Allen
Oakshaft 79

Cross Stitch

Postby Gail Allen » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:05 pm

After writing an article for SerpenTimes about cross stitch, and how to create a pattern, I've been thinking: do anyone else do this kind of embroidery?
And if you do, what type do you prefer? Small fiddly pieces, or larger and detailed? Or do you prefer simplistic things? Or another type altogether?

And do you have any patterns you've made yourself? If you do, I'd love to see them!
Thank you Cassie for the signature!

Vanessa Tilley
Oakshaft 79

Re: Cross Stitch

Postby Vanessa Tilley » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:39 pm

As some of you already know, I love to cross stitch. I prefer to do harder things because I am crazy like that. I enjoy stitching on 18 count Aida which is pretty small in terms of squares per inch. I also enjoy more elaborate patterns that are bigger because it looks like pieces of art to me. I haven't created any patterns on my own yet but I did buy a program to play around with it this year.

I haven't tried embroidery yet but I hope to do so soon along with crocheting.

Shiloh Adlar
Cleansweep One

Postby Shiloh Adlar » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:28 pm

I remember when I was a lot younger, when I'd go to my grandparents house, my grandma would always have cross stitch patterns. She taught me how to do it, and it was a lot of fun. I don't know if I actually ever completed a pattern since I was so rarely there, but it was something I definitely enjoyed doing.

I learned how to crochet back in 2014, but I haven't done much with it since. I think I've probably forgotten how to at this point, but I would like to pick it back up again when I have the time. I never finished the scarf I was making.
Shiloh Adlar, Sixth Year, Prefect, RQT Co-Captain
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire

Gail Allen
Oakshaft 79

Postby Gail Allen » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:57 pm

This is the most recent pattern I've made.
If anyone wants to make it, it's free to use :)
Thank you Cassie for the signature!

Return to “Students Lounge”