If you had a time machine, what time would you travel to?

Discussions About Anything HOL Related
Hannah R Thomas
No broom

If you had a time machine, what time would you travel to?

Post by Hannah R Thomas » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:59 pm

Say you have a time machine, is there a certain era you want to visit, say the future to learn more about technology? Or perhaps the past?
Me, I would take it back in time to visit the Library of Alexandria to learn more about the lost mathematical knowledge.
Success just doesn't come and find you, you have to go get it yourself - Carmichael
Happiness can be found in the darkest of times if one remembers to turn on the light - Albus Dumbledore
Emanuel Hines
No broom

Re: If you had a time machine, what time would you travel to?

Post by Emanuel Hines » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:49 pm

If I would be able to travel into past, I would probably want to travel in mesozoic, where I would like to see dinosaurs standing next to them. Of course I would be somehow protected, altough such a look is worth of risking own life.

Other interesting thing to look out is Rome empire; I would love to sit with Roman senators and discuss anythings important, or be with Caesar in his general´s tent looking at marvelous tactics.
Shiloh Adlar
Cleansweep One

Post by Shiloh Adlar » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:50 pm

This is an easy question for me. I would take it back to the past before my brother was killed so I could live those moments with him again and maybe fix all the regrets I have or even stop the accident from happening. But if I could also do more with the time machine, I would like to go further back to see the first ever ballets that were performed as well as see the original Greek plays performed during their contests and festivals. I have no interest to go into the future. I think the future should be left alone.
Shiloh Adlar, Seventh Year, Prefect, RQT Co-Captain
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire
Kendra Givens
Oakshaft 79

Post by Kendra Givens » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:16 am

I would travel to 5 years in the future so I can see where I'm at in life. I keep talking about travelling overseas to visit my HOL friends, do I do that? Do my boyfriend and I get married? Do I have kids or did I adopt? Am I still at my current job or did I decide to pursue my alternative thoughts of becoming a professor? I don't think I'd want to make things happen any faster - I just want to know where I'm headed and see what crazy things are happening.
Vanessa Tilley
Oakshaft 79

Post by Vanessa Tilley » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:12 pm

If I had a time machine, I would travel back to the 1800 Victorian Era in England. I love that period. I feel like my old soul would be right at home there. I love the clothing of the time period and all the high society teas!
Shadow Gaunt
Oakshaft 79

Post by Shadow Gaunt » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:04 pm

I would travel into the future at 42 year increments. First of all, I wish to see how humanity will progress in the upcoming centuries (I’ll probably go around 1000 years into the future). Second of all, I want to see the gradual change and 42 years seems quite a small amount of time. Also it’s 42, so that’s an added bonus. The past is great and it is quite interesting to learn about it and maybe travel back to see what exactly happened, to see the truth. However, I love thinking about what will happen next and with so many futuristic dystopian novels, and late 20th century sci-fi books, there are too many ideas, and even more posssibilites.
Shadow Gaunt
"In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes."-Benjamin Franklin
Amy Hart
No broom

Post by Amy Hart » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:41 pm

I would use it to travel back to the Revolutionary War in America. It's my favorite part of history and I think it would be cool to see it first hand.

I'm also gonna be a sap and use it to go back in time to when my grandpa was alive. He died when I was a child so it would be cool to spend some time with him as an adult :)

Return to “Discussions”