School You Want to Visit?

Discussions About Anything HOL Related
Hannah R Thomas
No broom

School You Want to Visit?

Post by Hannah R Thomas » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:50 pm

Other than Hogwarts, what would you say is the magical school you really want to visit? Do you want to visit just for fun, as a foreign exchange student, etc.?
Success just doesn't come and find you, you have to go get it yourself - Carmichael
Happiness can be found in the darkest of times if one remembers to turn on the light - Albus Dumbledore
Shiloh Adlar
Cleansweep One

Re: School You Want to Visit?

Post by Shiloh Adlar » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:59 pm

There are a few that I am certainly interested in. I think I would like to attend Ilvermorny, Beauxbatons and Uagadou. The first because I already know I'm a Pukwudgie and the house seems really cool. Plus it's closer to home than the other wizarding schools. Beauxbatons would be fun because, first of all, it's in France so it gives me an opportunity to continue practicing French, and secondly, the description of it makes it sound like a beautiful place to attend. Uagadou sounds great to attend because their students learn magic without wands which is so useful. And a dream messenger as an invitation to the school? How cool is that? That sounds like the perfect dream. It's also placed on top of the Mountains of the Moon which is awesome, so why would I not want to go there?
Shiloh Adlar, Seventh Year, Prefect, RQT Co-Captain
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire
Aurelia West
Oakshaft 79

Post by Aurelia West » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:23 pm

I agree that Uagadou sounds amazing and I'd love to visit there. I think it's incredibly important to know as much about magic as possible, whether or not it is the same as what I utilize, and it would be amazing to go to the place where much magic originated. I'd also really love to visit Mahoutokoro as I think the robes the students wear are incredibly interesting and I'd love to learn more about them. I've also been teaching myself some Japanese, so I'd love any opportunity to visit the country.
Vanessa Tilley
Oakshaft 79

Post by Vanessa Tilley » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:51 pm

It is hard to pick just one school but I would have to say that I would have to chose Mahoutokoro as the school I would want to visit the most. I have always loved anything that has to do with Japan and oriental cultures. I am a huge fan of Japanese architecture so I can only imagine the beauty of Mahoutokoro. I also LOVE their clothing so I would love to have a kimono for an outfit for school.

I love that Mahoutokoro starts teaching wizards and witches at such a young age. I know Japan puts a big emphasis on education and knowledge which I am obsessed with. I often say that my occupation now is being a lifelong student. I love taking classes anywhere I can find free courses.
Shadow Gaunt
Oakshaft 79

Post by Shadow Gaunt » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:07 pm

Here, I would have to agree with Vanessa.
Vanessa Tilley wrote:I love that Mahoutokoro starts teaching wizards and witches at such a young age. I know Japan puts a big emphasis on education and knowledge which I am obsessed with. I often say that my occupation now is being a lifelong student. I love taking classes anywhere I can find free courses.
I definitely agree with that statement. I personally value education and knowledge over everything (no wonder I’m a Ravenclaw), and I don’t really like sports. I feel like Mahutokoro, even with the language barrier, could give me the best education possible. Another big plus for Mahutokoro is the fact that is a student dabbles in the dark arts their robes change color. I feel like such a precaution is very necessary and could’ve prevented the rise of Voldemort himself, had Hogwarts had such a system.
Shadow Gaunt
"In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes."-Benjamin Franklin

Return to “Discussions”