Sweets from the Harry Potter World

Discussions About Anything HOL Related
Hannah R Thomas
No broom

Sweets from the Harry Potter World

Post by Hannah R Thomas » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:28 pm

Any particular sweets you've been wanting, or dying, to try?
Success just doesn't come and find you, you have to go get it yourself - Carmichael
Happiness can be found in the darkest of times if one remembers to turn on the light - Albus Dumbledore
Shiloh Adlar
Cleansweep One

Re: Sweets from the Harry Potter World

Post by Shiloh Adlar » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:13 am

Given my dietary preferences, I don't think I could have any of these sweets, however, I think I would really like to try Pink Coconut Ice or Crystallised Pineapple. Both are fruit that are sweetened with sugar. I love pineapple, and I imagine it's similar to rock candy that I've seen. Pink Coconut Ice would be great simply because it's pink. I also love coconut!

I think I would also be interested in Fizzing Whizzbees despite the fact that sherbet is made with cream and there's a chance that billywig stings are used in them which automatically makes it a no for me. But they do make you float off the ground which is really cool! XD
Shiloh Adlar, Seventh Year, Prefect, RQT Co-Captain
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire
Shadow Gaunt
Oakshaft 79

Post by Shadow Gaunt » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:29 pm

I would love to try the lemon sherbets and the fizzing whizzbees.
Shadow Gaunt
"In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes."-Benjamin Franklin
Vanessa Tilley
Oakshaft 79

Post by Vanessa Tilley » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:28 pm

Funnily enough, I bought the Unofficial Harry Potter cookbook a few weeks back. There are a LOT of interesting recipes in there but the ones I REALLY want to try are Cauldron Cakes, Chocolate Frogs, and Pumpkin Pasties. Those are the kind of sweet treats I like to eat now :)

Return to “Discussions”