What Made You Happy Today?

Discussions About Anything HOL Related

Moderator: Maxwell Shadow

Shiloh Adlar
Silver Arrow

What Made You Happy Today?

Postby Shiloh Adlar » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:45 am

I'm in the need for some positivity in my life. I'm probably not the only one. When tough times come our way, it's hard to think about anything else except for what went wrong or what we should be doing or about that terrible event. So I want us all to share one good thing that happened to us today. Let's build an amazing list of positive events that we can look back on, no matter how big or how small they are.

Today, one thing that made me happy is that I got invited to a Thanksgiving dinner. For those of us here in the United States, we celebrate Thanksgiving on the fourth Thursday of November. Thanksgiving and all major holidays have been very difficult for me since I lost my brother, as I'm sure it's difficult for many who have lost someone very special to them. Besides working tomorrow (Thanksgiving has also turned into what we call Black Thursday, which leads into Black Friday, a day of shopping to get really good deals), I won't be with anyone. I made my parents promise not to surprise me this year. The family I work for at my caretaking job was aware of this and didn't want me to be alone. It made me very happy, and I appreciate them a lot for thinking of me.

Now it's your turn to tell me one thing that made you happy today. I'm sure we all have something. :D
Shiloh Adlar, Sixth Year, Prefect, RQT Co-Captain
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire

Gail Allen
No broom

Re: What Made You Happy Today?

Postby Gail Allen » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:02 pm

I went square dancing and while I mostly dance myself, I am also learning to become a caller - that's the person who directs the dance, and who has to make up the choreography on the spot, using a combination of about 100 figures (in my case).
I did a small performance to test a few things in a real setting that I had been working on. And afterwards one of the dancers said they could tell I had really improved since last time and that I was doing really well.
That made me so happy to hear and it made it easier to put more time into becoming even better.
A little bit of encouragement is sometimes all that is needed! I will endeavor to keep that in mind and do more of it myself.

Arianna Stonewater
Cleansweep One

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:25 am

my 5mo started teething about 2weeks ago and she was super fussy yesterday/this morning when the first tooth finally broke through and she was back to her happy self!

Resyarrina Elora
No broom

Postby Resyarrina Elora » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:34 pm

A cup of coffee starting my day, a fun talk with my friend and a delicious food make my noon, and i end up doing my HOL activities without any RL disturb. What a beautiful day! :wub:

Return to “Students Lounge”