It's Summer!

Discussions About Anything HOL Related

Moderator: Maxwell Shadow

Polaris Black
Silver Arrow

It's Summer!

Postby Polaris Black » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:00 pm

Happy Summer Solstice, everyone!!!
What's on your to-do-list when school is out for the summer?
A "Cassie Sig" is priceless - thank you so much!

Shiloh Adlar
Moontrimmer

Re: It's Summer!

Postby Shiloh Adlar » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:19 pm

I made goals this solstice that I want to accomplish in the next six months. A lot of them are ones that I want to begin over the summer. The first item on my to do list is to start volunteering again at the hospital. I really miss being able to be around the patients and being able to add a little joy to their day. I always looked forward to it. I also have a goal to read at least 10 books this summer. That doesn't seem like a lot, but for me at the moment, that's pushing it. I'm preparing to go back to college in the fall. I've been away for a year, and I'm going to be looking through old notes to prepare for my upper level courses. I am also wanting to go back to taking class (ballet) on the weekends. I miss, miss, miss ballet so much! Health has kept me from it this past year.

The other thing on my to do list is to get back into journaling. I find it very beneficial and fun. Journaling or blogging something I'm passionate about such as dance, veganism (is Ryan still refusing to eat his veggies?), great books, epidemiology of infectious diseases and tropical medicine. All that fun stuff. And of course SQL, I hope. I'm very excited about playing quidditch again. I need it in my life.
Shiloh Adlar, Sixth Year, Prefect, RQT Co-Captain
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire

Zai Eln
No broom

Postby Zai Eln » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:17 am

I am taking summer class, introductory programming in Matlab. Also riding my bike :) and hanging with friends. Wish summer could last forever!

Zai
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson-

Aurelia West
Oakshaft 79

Postby Aurelia West » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:36 am

I don't have too many plans for most of the summer, but I do have two very busy weeks planned out. One is currently happening, and the other starts early in July.

Currently I'm in New York for the first time ever for a dance intensive. It officially starts tomorrow, so my friend and I spent today exploring the city and I had a lot of fun. This intensive is sure to be an amazing experience, and I'm really looking forward to it!

Later in summer, I'm going on a mission trip to Ohio with my church youth group, so I'll likely have incredibly limited internet access for that whole week. We'll be helping fix up houses, painting, and building wheelchair ramps, so I'm definitely going to gain some experience being handy!

Outside of activities, I'd also like to set myself some goals for the upcoming year. I'd really like to work on managing my time better this summer, because next semester will be a lot more hectic than this one, but I'd really like to stay active on HOL.

I haven't had too many plans with friends, either, so I'd also like to remedy that before the summer is done and we won't see each other for another lengthy bit of time.

Hanna Inari
No broom

Postby Hanna Inari » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:40 am

I don't realy know. I've bought a bicycle so I'd like to start using it properly and go research the area. Before that, I hope that the weather becomes better, because it's raining all day and all night this week.

My friends are coming to the big city nearby so I'd like to visit them, although I don't know where that can happen and we don't have any arrangements yet.

I am thinking about learning PHP because it'd help me with my future plans. But I don't like programming in any way, even though I'm good at this kind of stuff.

In general, I don't have any major plans. But I hope this summer will be a lot of fun.

Return to “Students Lounge”