Snow Day!

Discussions About Anything HOL Related

Moderator: Matilde Rayne

Arianna Stonewater
Silver Arrow

Snow Day!

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:37 pm

For many on the North-East coast of the US, it's a snow day!

Where I live we got about 5", but schools and many businesses are closed anyway.

Normally, I would have already been at work for several hours and my husband would be in class by now. Since its a little warm (34°F) we now have rain so we can't go out and enjoy the snow, but its nice being home and relaxing with some Netflix and hot chocolate anyway!

What are you doing? Did you get a lot of snow or rain?

Kendra Givens
No broom

Re: Snow Day!

Postby Kendra Givens » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:22 pm

I live in the Midwest, and we also got a bunch of snow. According the news, it was the blizzard on the East Coast that sent the wind this way so that we got the snow blowing east of Lake Michigan.

Had about 5 inches to clear off of my car this morning, but school was not canceled. Travel times on our expressways were 2.5 hours. Now, all of the snow is melted and it's sunny as ever. Sometimes I want to be in Arizona, where it's always sunny...

Will Lestrange
Silver Arrow

Re: Snow Day!

Postby Will Lestrange » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:05 am

We got 3 inches in my neighborhood which gave me the day off.

So I slept in, worked out, and went to a cafe which was listed as having one of the tastiest hot chocolates in Virginia (and it did). Then I caught a great view outside, did a bit of Quidditch, and made it out onto an island 3 or 4 miles from where I lived!

Return to “Students Lounge”