New Year, New You?

Discussions About Anything HOL Related

Moderator: Matilde Rayne

Maxwell Shadow
Cleansweep One

New Year, New You?

Postby Maxwell Shadow » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:16 pm

It's that time of the year when everyone starts to think about what they're going to do differently next year. If you're anything like me you start off with good intentions but very quickly fall back into bad habits and forget all about the resolutions you make on January 1st. I've decided this year that I'm going to set myself some goals slightly differently and hope some of you will join me. Each month I'm going to choose one thing to stop doing and one thing to start. Stopping things that are negative and bad for me and starting things that are going to change my life for the better. I'll try to remember to post here at the start of each month with my plans and I'm hoping I don't abandon this plan by January 5th like I usually do! So here goes:

January
Stop eating chocolate - I'm going to give it up for a month since I've totally over done it over Christmas and need to get the diet back on track.
Start swimming - I've signed up for a swimming challenge in April so need to get training!

What about you?
Slytherin forever

Sky Alton
Silver Arrow

Re: New Year, New You?

Postby Sky Alton » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:21 pm

I guess I have two main goals for the year:
Stop stressing (Majorly need to pay attention to that one as overthinking is starting to ruin my life)
And
Start querying (No, not being philosophically cynical about everything but starting to send my book to literary agents)

Good luck with the swimming and choco-detox!
"Does the Walker choose the path or the path the walker?" -Garth Nix
(Av/sig by Amy!)

Prof. Arielle Lemoyne
Silver Arrow

Postby Prof. Arielle Lemoyne » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:51 pm

I love that idea, Max! Good luck! And those sound like really great goals, Sky! Good luck to you, too!

I had 4 resolutions last year, and I was successful with one (pertaining to finance), about half successful with two (pertaining to time management and mental health), and then totally forgot about and failed on one (pertaining to cooking/healthy eating). I'm trying to decide if I want to revamp those 4 and have another go at it this year, or try something totally different. I love Max's idea, and there are plenty of things I could work on...

I'll edit if I come up with something specific that I'm willing to share!

Joey Stark
Oakshaft 79

Postby Joey Stark » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:35 pm

Love this idea Maxwell! I think I'll join you.

January:
Stop: Letting my room get so messy - I'm going to try and put things in the right place at the right time instead of leaving it for later
Start: Penpalling - I few out of practise years ago and now I want to start up again. I have writing kits all ready

Good luck everyone!
Credit to Maxim! ^

Return to “Students Lounge”