What’s your Myers-Briggs personality type??

Discussions About Anything HOL Related

Moderator: Maxwell Shadow

Joey Stark
No broom

What’s your Myers-Briggs personality type??

Postby Joey Stark » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:57 pm

Has anyone ever taken a myers-briggs personality type test? What personality type have you gotten? Do you think the description is accurate?

I've taken it a few times, a family member of mine actually has a qualification in the tests! I always seem to forget my result though, but I just retook an online version now! If you search for myers-briggs personality test, there's quite a few options, I used the '16personalities' site, if give you a complete run down and shows some real and fiction figures matching your type! I got: INFP which means 'introversion, intuition, feeling, perception'.

I even found a good infographic with Harry Potter characters if people want to see who they match! (though it's really hard to read so you might want to zoom a lot or...look it up! (Mines Luna Lovegood which I think is fairly fitting)

Who does everyone else match? :)
Credit to Maxim! ^

Leonie Hauri
Oakshaft 79

Re: What’s your Myers-Briggs personality type??

Postby Leonie Hauri » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:20 am

I also got INFP. Reading the descriptions provided about my personality type... It's extremely accurate, to be honest.
The Eagles are coming!
"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one."

Kathren Johnsun
No broom

Postby Kathren Johnsun » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:39 am

I took the quiz almost 2 years ago (seems like a lot longer than that) for school. I am INTJ which matches one of my favorite characters (Draco). I'd say it fits me pretty well. (I remember it being a minority in that school group as well since most of the group was extroverted)

(Edit: Am I a loner here too?)
Last edited by Kathren Johnsun on Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Reggy Faraday
No broom

Postby Reggy Faraday » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:31 am

I'm so glad there's a Myers-Briggs thread!

I'm INFP (and have always tested as INFP), but I like to think my Ne is pretty developed and that I can come off as ENFP at times. I don't know how true that really is, though. :P
I was definitely very Luna Lovegood-ish as a kid, definitely.
Hufflepuff second year :: re1080

"'I wish somebody would write a story sometime about the people who warm up the heroes afterward.'" - Moominland Midwinter

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:49 am

INFJ - Remus Lupin

Went to a Myers-Briggs test site and got INFJ.

I'd never heard of this so Googled "mbti harry potter" and there was a place to take the results and find out about it. Interestingly, the result seems to be accurate.

edit: :lol: There are different places for different 'worlds' for those results! Star Wars! Game of Thrones! Oh oh Doctor Who? .... *goes to find Doctor Who INFJ*
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Rosalie Mason
No broom

Postby Rosalie Mason » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:19 pm

Every time I've taken a Myers-Briggs test, I've ended up getting INTP! I'm pretty glad that it matches to Hermione, since she's one of my favorite characters ever.

Maxim Trevelyan
Silver Arrow

Postby Maxim Trevelyan » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:17 pm

Apparently, I'm an ENFP according to the site Joey provided. The personality description seems about right, so I'm quite happy with it! :lol:
Thank you Dario!

Joey Stark
No broom

Postby Joey Stark » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:46 pm

Ooh it's interesting to see so many people who feel their MB type matches their personality. It's also interesting that so many of us are coming out as introverted and that 'NFP' seems to be the most common ending.

*high fives my INFP twins, Leonie and Reggy*

Kathren, I think it's quite cool to have a more individual personality type!

I found this chart on the myers briggs foundation website that shows the average frequency of the different personality types in the American Population. Strange none of us (yet) seem to have tested as one of the two most common ISFJ/ESFJ! The most common so far is INFP which might make sense as they tend to be 'dreamers' and HOL I suppose is a sort of getaway, half-fictional, half-real, online world.

Tarma who was your Doctor Who INFJ? :lol: I think I've seen myself (and Leonie and Reggy) matched so far with Frodo Baggins, Luke Skywalker and Daenerys Targaryen, not bad! *uses dragons to destroy the ring whilst killing nargles with a lightsaber*
Credit to Maxim! ^

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:35 pm

This is fun (and oh look how much time I used looking for these, I'm not here oh no :o ).

I looked up characters in the shows of which I am aware. (Sometimes there would be different results, am writing what seemed most prevalent):
INFJ
The Hobbit - Beorn
Doctor Who - Sarah Jane / Amy Pond
Harry Potter - Remus Lupin
Star Wars - Obi Wan Kenobi
Hunger Games - Prim
Lord of the Rings - Galadriel

And then looked up characters for Harry Potter / Hunger Games / Lord of the Rings for those that folks have listed above. (Had to stop when I noticed the time; maybe I'll come in and edit with the rest of the rest of the shows later on.)

INFP - Luna Lovegood / Cinna / Frodo / Spider Man / Falcon / Luke Skywalker / Wilfred Mott
INTJ - Severus Snape / Coin / Elrond / Magneto / The Master
INFJ - Remus Lupin / Prim / Galadriel / Captain America / Groot
INTP - Neville Longbottom / Beetee / Legolas / Emma Frost / Uatu / River Song
ENFP - Tonks / Peeta / Merry / Charles Xavier / Balder
ESTJ - Minerva McGonagall / Darth Vader / Nick Fury / Maria Hill / Pepper Potts / Jackie Tyler / Boromir
Last edited by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black on Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Arianna Stonewater
Cleansweep One

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:52 pm

I'm ESTJ "The Executive" according to the 16personalities site. I definitely agree with this; I get this one a lot. and I love being compared to Prof. McGonagall!!

Mind
69% Extraverted (31% Introverted)
Energy
42% Intuitive (58% Observant)
Nature
76% Thinking (24% Feeling)
Tactics
71% Judging (29% Prospecting)
Identity
68% Assertive (32% Turbulent)

ESTJs are representatives of tradition and order, utilizing their understanding of what is right, wrong and socially acceptable to bring families and communities together. Embracing the values of honesty, dedication and dignity, people with the ESTJ personality type are valued for their clear advice and guidance, and they happily lead the way on difficult paths. Taking pride in bringing people together, ESTJs often take on roles as community organizers, working hard to bring everyone together in celebration of cherished local events, or in defense of the traditional values that hold families and communities together.

I love this:

ESTJs you may know:
Sonia Sotomayor, John D. Rockefeller, Judge Judy, Frank Sinatra, Jame Monroe, Lyndon B. Johnson, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Boromir, Dwight Schrute, Claire Dunphy, Violet Crawley, Lisa Cuddy, Robb Stark

Matilde Rayne
Moontrimmer

Postby Matilde Rayne » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:22 pm

I am also INFP. *high fives Joey, Leonie, and Reggy*

I took the same test Arianna did - although I seem to have gotten the opposite result. xD

Mind - 71% Introverted
Energy - 65% Intuitive
Nature - 72% Feeling
Tactics- 76% Prospecting

I did take this test a few months ago and I remember getting the same result, though I don't think I have the percentages anywhere...

I remember I always used to get INTP in high school and I always found it incredibly fitting (and I suppose it still fits with the direction I decided to go in with my education) for me at that time (and also before that, really). But I definitely do feel like I fit INFP more now, with how my perspective has changed on a number of things. That said, it does seem like the questions asked sometimes can lead to different results, if there's not a strong preference one way or the other for a certain category. Or maybe that's just me thinking too much about the questions - so many of them had me thinking "well it kind of depends on the specific situation, but I guess I'll go with ___?"

I don't see myself ever showing a preference for extroversion, but I was kind of surprised that the other preferences were so distinct from this particular set of questions. I took another that also gave percentages and was still INFP, but got... 80% introverted, 61% intuitive, 53% feeling, and 56% perceiving/prospecting. And that looks a lot closer to the INTP I used to get... and also potentially close to Kathren's result of INTJ. Maybe I'll have another shift if I re-test a few years from now?

Elizabeth Mayes
No broom

Postby Elizabeth Mayes » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:05 am

I got INFJ. I think it fits really well and Remus Lupin has always been one of my favourite characters!

My percentages were:
Introverted 85%
Intuitive 61%
Feeling 69%
Judging 52%

Also, thank you Tarma for posting the lists for different fandoms! I was thinking on doing that myself when I saw you had done it for me, haha!
"I was born with a reading list I will never finish." - Maud Casey

Ascended Warrior Vin by axt234

Vanessa Hewitt
No broom

Postby Vanessa Hewitt » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:25 am

It's interesting, I remember doing the test a while ago and getting INFP, but redoing it now I got ENFP. I still feel as though INFP is more accurate, especially reading through some of the characteristics, but I definitely think I am somewhere between the two. Either way, I'm happy matching with either Luna or Ron ^_^

Austin Ollivander Black
Oakshaft 79

Postby Austin Ollivander Black » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:26 am

ESFP... I scored Extravert(28%) Sensing(22%) Feeling(3%) Perceiving(38%) I match the Weasely twins.
Image RQT 2017/18

Return to “Students Lounge”