Which fandom's universe would you like to visit?

Discussions About Anything HOL Related

Moderator: Maxwell Shadow

Matilde Rayne
Moontrimmer

Which fandom's universe would you like to visit?

Postby Matilde Rayne » Tue May 31, 2016 11:36 pm

I suppose we're all already pretending to be part of Harry Potter's world in a way, but what about stepping right into the books and visiting the wizarding world for real?

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure I'd enjoy it that much? As much as I enjoy reading HP, watching the movies, etc. there are definitely a lot of "peculiarities" (that's a kind way of putting things, maybe?) that I'm not sure I could deal with in person.

And really, that's the case for a lot of books I read, shows/movies I watch, games that I've played, etc. that I come to love. I don't really want to end up a tribute in the Hunger Games (that didn't go so well last time, thanks Hazelle... >>), pick a faction or be Divergent, or anything like that.

I suppose it's almost cheating to say I'd love for the Doctor to show up, since that's sort of our universe... except not quite, so definitely that! Or if I'm going to put myself in danger, why not go for the DC Universe and hang around Gotham, maybe meet some Bats. <3

How about you all? What worlds would you like to step into?

Prof. Limine Snidget
Silver Arrow

Re: Which fandom's universe would you like to visit?

Postby Prof. Limine Snidget » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:20 am

As obvious as it may be, I think my definite first choice would have to be the wizarding world, because who wouldn't want a wand to create magic with?!

I agree with you in that I'd also like for the Doctor to show up and take me all sorts of places in time and space. Right now with my current TV show/book interests I think I'd like to go back in time (although probably just because one of the first things that came to mind was Outlander but I guess that's not really a fandom universe as it's just the past of the universe we live in...).

Most books (or at least a good portion) I read take place in dystopian societies and frankly, I wouldn't want to end up in the majority of them so coming up with something else is difficult. One universe that does come to mind though that I wouldn't mind living in is Tortall from Tamora Pierce's novels.

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt Galaxy

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:20 am

Immediately I thought of the Mercy Thompson/Alpha and Omega universe (Patricia Briggs).

Stories often located in the Tri-Cities area of Washington state and in the mountains of Idaho -- I still think I can drive over and encounter them ...
*Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* image by Susan Seddon Boulet *Avatar made by Amy*
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Kaiwa Alexandra
Oakshaft 79

Postby Kaiwa Alexandra » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:30 pm

For me it's Wizarding World.
Because magic. And even though in darkest time, it's still less dangerous (methink) than other fandom's universe <<
Oh maybe Percy Jackson's universe would be nice too.
I'd love to be demigod! <<

Matilde Rayne
Moontrimmer

Postby Matilde Rayne » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:03 am

Ashley Margaret wrote:... because who wouldn't want a wand to create magic with?!

Okay, yeah... I guess it's hard to argue with that, haha.

Ashley Margaret wrote:Most books (or at least a good portion) I read take place in dystopian societies and frankly, I wouldn't want to end up in the majority of them so coming up with something else is difficult.

Yeaaaah... that's pretty much the problem with this question, isn't it?

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black wrote:Immediately I thought of the Mercy Thompson/Alpha and Omega universe (Patricia Briggs).

I wasn't too aware of this series (maybe a vague "I think I've seen/heard of this" if anything), but I looked them up and they seem interesting. I might look into these... at some point, when I'm a little more caught up on the list of things I need to read/watch. But they're on the list now! >_<

Kaiwa Alexandra wrote:Oh maybe Percy Jackson's universe would be nice too.
I'd love to be demigod! <<

Another series that's on my to-be-read-eventually list. >>

I watched both movies, though, so I sort of have an idea? It certainly would be interesting!

Ainsley Royce
No broom

Postby Ainsley Royce » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:28 am

I know I'm late to the party (still fairly new to the site and all) but if I had to pick a fandom universe...hmmm that's a tough one! I love the wizarding world of course. It has such a sentimental value to me since it was something that I not only grew up reading, I felt a part of the world since I was 11 when the first book came out, 12 with 2 and so on. Then when I had a chance to visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando last year, well, it was like a homecoming in a way. It was so familiar and so comfortable, it just brought the whole world I had grown with and loved so much to life for me. Seeing the Knight Bus, drinking Butterbeer (which is amazing by the way ;) ) and even getting to cast spells in Diagon Alley was so magical.

However, should I go with another fandom, it would probably have to be the Doctor's universe. It is our world, but slightly different since there are so many different species of aliens coming to earth, along with the ability of traveling through time. I absolutely love history so if I had a chance to travel with the doctor, it would be to all my favorite historical moments (though there would be a lot of running involved!)

Return to “Students Lounge”